Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,558 Members 45,906 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ultra thin Slim 0.3mm matte case

Tip us?

sdotagain
Old
(Last edited by sdotagain; 22nd April 2014 at 12:23 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Ultra thin Slim 0.3mm matte case

Item: Ultra thin Slim 0.3mm matte protective back case skin cover for HTC ONE 2 M8

URL: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=221408515831

I just got this. Excellent price. Super thin. No bulk. Adds a matte finish to the phone for improved grip. Only down side is the bottom is open. I got the gray color.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

jags_the1
Old
Thanks Meter 214
Its actually quite a waste to buy such a case, it will provide no drop protection, and if you are just using it for improved grip and to avoid fingure prints, use a carbon skin with matte finish, or just buy a full body wet install screen protectors.
HTC One

pcsfguy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default 253454845

any suggestions for a carbon skin?

sdotagain
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jags_the1 View Post
Its actually quite a waste to buy such a case, it will provide no drop protection, and if you are just using it for improved grip and to avoid fingure prints, use a carbon skin with matte finish, or just buy a full body wet install screen protectors.
This type of case isn't for drop protection. That's a given. The full body protectors either don't cover the sides or tend to peel away after some time. I had a vinyl skin from dbrand on my M7 and loved it but the M8 skins aren't out yet and this case only costs $1.49 + $1.99 shipping.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

thunderbls
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Default almost same thing here

I just got mine today except the bottom is fully cover... well outside usb and headphone jack. I didn't buy this for drop protection its purely to keep the aluminum edges from dings and scratches as well as protect the slightly raised glass on each side of the phone. Mine is clear which I like as well you can still see the silver and HTC branding I like it.

rahtrip
Old
Thanks Meter 8
be very careful with this case...had this for my M7 and a small drop onto my driveway and the phones edges were scuffed up really bad...

Provencebiker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It looks like the official TPU case that comes for free with the international version.

Mozart360
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah like others said this is not protective case, i had the same for my HTc one m7 and when i dropped it i had a shock on the back. Be careful mate

sdotagain
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbls View Post
I just got mine today except the bottom is fully cover... well outside usb and headphone jack. I didn't buy this for drop protection its purely to keep the aluminum edges from dings and scratches as well as protect the slightly raised glass on each side of the phone. Mine is clear which I like as well you can still see the silver and HTC branding I like it.
Can you post a pic of the one you have?

thunderbls
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Sorry at work wasn't able to respond until now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1398315924258.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	213.7 KB
ID:	2705320