FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Announced: Specs, Price and Details

The OnePlus 2 has just had its Virtual Reality Launch event, and at the XDA Office we all … more

A Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services

With the launch of Apple Music, music streaming services have recently gained a lot of … more

An Inside Look at the Redesign of Business Calendar

The much-acclaimed calendar app, Business Calendar, underwent a major design … more

New Android One Device Dead On Arrival

Today, Google announced the second generation of Android One devices, with the new Lava Pixel … more

HTC mini +

260 posts
Thanks Meter: 30

By thewagdy, Senior Member on 23rd April 2014, 05:43 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Does anyone have the HTC mini+ and if so is it worth it?

23rd April 2014, 11:23 PM |#2  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag NSA Black Site Whiskey Tango Foxtrot One Niner
Thanks Meter: 1,385

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewagdy

Does anyone have the HTC mini+ and if so is it worth it?

I would say that heavily depends on how you use a device. I have it & I use it A LOT. Mostly because I wanted a way to keep my eyes on the road & be able to change the album/song I'm listening to. I also give a lot of presentations & I use it for the laser pointer & to control the slides on my tablet or laptop.

Having said that, the BT range is pretty limited. The display is a bit hard to see outside on a bright day & there are many options that are less expensive that work in a similar fashion.

Also, as of the last few updates, you can no longer switch the time display to 12hr, which kind of annoys me. Depending on why you are even thinking about it, I would say for the average user, or power user, that NO, it is probably NOT worth it.
The Following User Says Thank You to GSLEON3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2014, 11:32 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Iowa City
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3

I would say that heavily depends on how you use a device. I have it & I use it A LOT. Mostly because I wanted a way to keep my eyes on the road & be able to change the album/song I'm listening to. I also give a lot of presentations & I use it for the laser pointer & to control the slides on my tablet or laptop.

Having said that, the BT range is pretty limited. The display is a bit hard to see outside on a bright day & there are many options that are less expensive that work in a similar fashion.

Also, as of the last few updates, you can no longer switch the time display to 12hr, which kind of annoys me. Depending on why you are even thinking about it, I would say for the average user, or power user, that NO, it is probably NOT worth it.

Thats very good advice, I really appreciate it. What were the other devices specifically you were talking about?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread