Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,442 Members 41,622 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3 using Mac OS.

Tip us?
 
hzlx
Old
(Last edited by hzlx; 18th April 2014 at 07:42 PM.) Reason: typos.
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Milan
Default [Q] Downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3 using Mac OS.

Hello Xda-Developers, im new in the Android world, since i've been an iPhone user since the original iPhone all the way to the iPhone 4 (then things got pretty boring with). I used to Jailbreak my iPhone to have a more flexible experience with it... about 8~9 months ago i bought my first Android, an HTC One (M7) and it worked like a charm and never wanted to look back to iPhone, UNTIL one day i made an OTA update to 4.4.2, i've been having troubles with the signal, it shows full bars, i have 3G signal, but it shows "No Service" and i can't make/receive calls/SMS, i've been searching for 2 weeks or so, on how to fix it and i even sent it to warranty, and had my Sim replaced... twice. The problem persists, reading further i found that many users have been having this issues (and others) since the Kit Kat Update... So i decided to go beyond the world of a normal user... i want to downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3 (by the way i'm a Mac user), before making this thread i've been looking other threads and forums to help me on how to do it This is my first post on XDA Developers. Trust me, i've been looking for answers everywhere, the most similar thread i found was this thread.
And at the end the guy went for a new device, so that thread didn't help me out that much.
What i was able to do (hey, at least its a start) is to Unlock the Bootloader via HTCdev.
i think i've read pretty much to know some terms already, also thanks to Lifehacker

So... as i said before, im a Mac user, unfortunately i don't find much answers on how to do stuff with my HTC One and my Mac.
Let's get to the point:
I'd like to downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3 (the original HTC version, or a 4.4.2 stable custom version, whatever you think is better)
PS. Do i reeeeaaly need to S-Off and/or downgrade my HBoot?

i have:

*** Unlocked ***
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.56.000
RADIO-4A-25-3263-21
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-4.19.401.11
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Feb 26 2014, 12:32:09.0

my CID is HTC__405 (Italy)

Please remember i am on Mac OS X, i (guess) i cant use RUUs.
Im so Noob, so if you could give me steps in order or redirect me to other threads on how to do a step, i'd be sooo thankful. I'm sorry if there's already a thread solving my doubt please redirect me there (i swear i've been searching for 2 days).
 
hzlx
Old
(Last edited by hzlx; 19th April 2014 at 02:29 AM.) Reason: typo
#2  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Milan
Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by hzlx View Post
Hello Xda-Developers, im new in the Android world, since i've been an iPhone user since the original iPhone all the way to the iPhone 4 (then things got pretty boring with). I used to Jailbreak my iPhone to have a more flexible experience with it... about 8~9 months ago i bought my first Android, an HTC One (M7) and it worked like a charm and never wanted to look back to iPhone, UNTIL one day i made an OTA update to 4.4.2, i've been having troubles with the signal, it shows full bars, i have 3G signal, but it shows "No Service" and i can't make/receive calls/SMS, i've been searching for 2 weeks or so, on how to fix it and i even sent it to warranty, and had my Sim replaced... twice. The problem persists, reading further i found that many users have been having this issues (and others) since the Kit Kat Update... So i decided to go beyond the world of a normal user... i want to downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3 (by the way i'm a Mac user), before making this thread i've been looking other threads and forums to help me on how to do it This is my first post on XDA Developers. Trust me, i've been looking for answers everywhere, the most similar thread i found was this thread.
And at the end the guy went for a new device, so that thread didn't help me out that much.
What i was able to do (hey, at least its a start) is to Unlock the Bootloader via HTCdev.
i think i've read pretty much to know some terms already, also thanks to Lifehacker

So... as i said before, im a Mac user, unfortunately i don't find much answers on how to do stuff with my HTC One and my Mac.
Let's get to the point:
I'd like to downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3 (the original HTC version, or a 4.4.2 stable custom version, whatever you think is better)
PS. Do i reeeeaaly need to S-Off and/or downgrade my HBoot?

i have:

*** Unlocked ***
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.56.000
RADIO-4A-25-3263-21
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-4.19.401.11
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Feb 26 2014, 12:32:09.0

my CID is HTC__405 (Italy)

Please remember i am on Mac OS X, i (guess) i cant use RUUs.
Im so Noob, so if you could give me steps in order or redirect me to other threads on how to do a step, i'd be sooo thankful. I'm sorry if there's already a thread solving my doubt please redirect me there (i swear i've been searching for 2 days).
UPDATE:
I just rooted it with TWRP and SuperSU
also the bootloader has a ***TAMPERED*** flag (if this is somehow harmful, how can i remove it?)
 
donkeykong1
Old
#3  
donkeykong1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 388
Posts: 1,391
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sesvete, Zagreb
Quote:
Originally Posted by hzlx View Post
UPDATE:
I just rooted it with TWRP and SuperSU
also the bootloader has a ***TAMPERED*** flag (if this is somehow harmful, how can i remove it?)
Tampered is not harmful, just ugly to see. It's a flag for service to know your phone is not unlocked out of the box. You can just flash a 4.3 ROM, no need to s-off
 
alray
Old
#4  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,054
Posts: 2,718
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Montreal

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hzlx View Post
So... as i said before, im a Mac user, unfortunately i don't find much answers on how to do stuff with my HTC One and my Mac.
Let's get to the point:
I'd like to downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3 (the original HTC version, or a 4.4.2 stable custom version, whatever you think is better)
PS. Do i reeeeaaly need to S-Off and/or downgrade my HBoot?

i have:

*** Unlocked ***
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.56.000
RADIO-4A-25-3263-21
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-4.19.401.11
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Feb 26 2014, 12:32:09.0

my CID is HTC__405 (Italy)

Please remember i am on Mac OS X, i (guess) i cant use RUUs.
Im so Noob, so if you could give me steps in order or redirect me to other threads on how to do a step, i'd be sooo thankful. I'm sorry if there's already a thread solving my doubt please redirect me there (i swear i've been searching for 2 days).
Yes, s-off is required to downgrade. Ruu is possible with a mac if you use a ruu.zip instead of a ruu.exe. S-OFF is more difficult to achieve on hboot 1.56, so maybe you'll have to use a custom rom if you can't s-off.

If you already unlocked bootloader and rooted your phone, I assume you can use adb and fastboot from your mac. If not then read this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1917237

Then s-off the phone using rumrunner or firewater.

There is also a discussion here about S-OFF and hboot 1.56: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2567727

If you can s-off you'll be able to downgrade using a ruu.zip from your mac.
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
hzlx
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykong1 View Post
Tampered is not harmful, just ugly to see. It's a flag for service to know your phone is not unlocked out of the box. You can just flash a 4.3 ROM, no need to s-off
So, i can flash any 4.3 ROM (regardless of my phones software version [4.19.401.11] and/or my CID)?
After this, will i be able to make OTA Updates?
 
donkeykong1
Old
#6  
donkeykong1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 388
Posts: 1,391
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sesvete, Zagreb
Quote:
Originally Posted by hzlx View Post
So, i can flash any 4.3 ROM (regardless of my phones software version [4.19.401.11] and/or my CID)?
After this, will i be able to make OTA Updates?
You can flash anything you like. If you flash stock rooted 4.3 ROM you will get OTA but you can't upgrade just like that. You need to relock your bootloader, flash stock recovery and stock kernel. On the other hand, you have great choice of custom kitkat ROMs which work great, so you can flash one of them. ARHD 53 would be my recomendation
 
hzlx
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
Yes, s-off is required to downgrade. Ruu is possible with a mac if you use a ruu.zip instead of a ruu.exe. S-OFF is more difficult to achieve on hboot 1.56, so maybe you'll have to use a custom rom if you can't s-off.

If you already unlocked bootloader and rooted your phone, I assume you can use adb and fastboot from your mac. If not then read this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1917237

Then s-off the phone using rumrunner or firewater.

There is also a discussion here about S-OFF and hboot 1.56: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2567727

If you can s-off you'll be able to downgrade using a ruu.zip from your mac.
Thanks a lot!
So far i managed to Unlock bootloader (with a Tampered Flag), S-OFF with firewater on hboot 1.56 and root it via TWRP and SuperSU.
I cant find a RUU for my CID HTC__405 though i have this stock ROM and it says it can restore to stock radios (which hopefully will solve my problems)... stock radios will be restored now that i have S-Off... right?

and a last question... once i am back in 4.3 will i be able to download further OTA updates (say... when 4.4.3 comes out)? if not, what should i do now?
 
hzlx
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Milan
Exclamation Stuck on boot scren htc one logo

I got stuck on the HTC Logo boot screen... i installed a 4.3 ROM via TWRP, im S-Off now and unlocked hboot 1.56 ... why am i stuck? i've been reading i need the correct kernels, but where do i find them and how do i install them?

PLEASE HELP
 
hzlx
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Milan
Thumbs up NEVERMIND

Quote:
Originally Posted by hzlx View Post
I got stuck on the HTC Logo boot screen... i installed a 4.3 ROM via TWRP, im S-Off now and unlocked hboot 1.56 ... why am i stuck? i've been reading i need the correct kernels, but where do i find them and how do i install them?

PLEASE HELP
Nevermind i managed to solve it
 
pball52998
Old
#10  
pball52998's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 127
Posts: 539
Join Date: Jan 2014
Did you check your md5's??? I've had a multitude of my friends phones get stuck on boot screen.. Tell them to check md5 and it works.. One, as others have said, I would suggest flashing a couple Roms. See what you like, if you don't like any of them, then ruu back to stock. Also what twrp are you using? Did the ROM you installed request for a certain recovery to be used? I'm a Mac user so I understand lol. But what ROM??

Sent from my Rezound running PAC-Man with SENSE!! 4.4.2 S-OFF
Main Phone:
Verizon HTC One M8
Insert Coin
Main Wifi Device:
HTC OG Droid Incredible S-OFF: Cyanogenmod 11
Current Tablet
Sadly A iPad First Gen. iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken with GreenPois0n

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes