Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,055 Members 47,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] only getting 3G after flashing to Viper or any other custom ROM

Tip us?

dangerweenie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] only getting 3G after flashing to Viper or any other custom ROM

Has anyone had any issues with only getting 3G connection after switching from stock to a custom ROM?

I've tried both ACR_2.2 ROM and ViperOne, and the phone seems to stay in 3G perpetually (confirmed this with a data connection monitor from Play store).

Looking into firmware upgrade sections (linked from the ViperOne thread), I've only been able to find firmware info for GSM phones (verizon is CDMA).

Any help is appreciated. I would have posted in ViperOne's thread, but I don't have privledges to post anywhere but Q&A since I am new.

Tigerstown
Old
Thanks Meter 670

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerweenie View Post
Has anyone had any issues with only getting 3G connection after switching from stock to a custom ROM?

I've tried both ACR_2.2 ROM and ViperOne, and the phone seems to stay in 3G perpetually (confirmed this with a data connection monitor from Play store).

Looking into firmware upgrade sections (linked from the ViperOne thread), I've only been able to find firmware info for GSM phones (verizon is CDMA).

Any help is appreciated. I would have posted in ViperOne's thread, but I don't have privledges to post anywhere but Q&A since I am new.
Have you updated your firmware to 1.55.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
sent from my 4.1ghz 8 core AMD unlocked fx black editon beast machine running win8.1/ubuntu12.04

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more

MultiROM Makes Its Way to the LG G2

Over the last few weeks, we’ve seen quite a fewflagship (and former flagship) devicesget to … more