Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,110 Members 52,479 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

any one use the tmobile signal booster?

Tip us?

icebear8
Old
(Last edited by icebear8; 23rd April 2014 at 04:47 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default any one use the tmobile signal booster?

anyone have one? i really want to get one for work since i got the unlimited 4G plan and only reason why i got it because i do a lot of pandora and youtube while i am working (i work overnights and lets just say my boss is really cool) and well it seems as soon as i pull into work i lose all 4G and 3G and only get fulls bars on Edge and can't do anything with it (it will sometimes go into 4G but only with one bar and then switch back to Edge). i also work right next to the window as well and was wondering will the signal booster bring back the 4G or at least 3G for me?

jamboxboy
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I'd say give it a try. I got my booster for free. If it doesn't make a difference just give it back. I'm not sure how well it'd work in an office though. I have one in my home. I use to get horrible reception with my s4. It gave me an extra bar or two and sometimes jumped me up to lte. My s5 gets great reception in my house and I figure its do to the new antennas on the phone. The booster doesn't make a difference anymore.

Sent from my SM-G900T using xda app-developers app

Eric214
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebear8 View Post
anyone have one? i really want to get one for work since i got the unlimited 4G plan and only reason why i got it because i do a lot of pandora and youtube while i am working (i work overnights and lets just say my boss is really cool) and well it seems as soon as i pull into work i lose all 4G and 3G and only get fulls bars on Edge and can't do anything with it (it will sometimes go into 4G but only with one bar and then switch back to Edge). i also work right next to the window as well and was wondering will the signal booster bring back the 4G or at least 3G for me?
Isn't there wifi at work? if hes really cool wouldn't he just let you use the WiFI? i mean if its a security issue he could have just the apps you want to listen to (Pandora) allow to access the net.
Current Phone

T-Mobile 32GB - Rooted Wicked v5 (TWRP 2.6.3.8)

Current Tablet
Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB 2014 Edition

Retired Phones
Galaxy S4 (VZW MDK) sold to pay for my Note 3
Droid Bionic - Traded for Note 3
Droid X - Now a WiFi phone.

icebear8
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
We do not have WiFi at work
Sent from my SM-G900T using xda app-developers app