Lightbulb

Idea. Start Screen Backup App

22nd April 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 233

1,517 posts
More
Now we have access to 8.1 it is nice to experiment with different layouts and use transparent tiles etc. However after experimenting and moving and resizing tiles, you may prefer to go back to your original layout.

Therefore can some smart genius please create an app/tool to backup the original layout so we can restore to it when we want? Maybe the option to backup several layouts and choose which one to restore to. This would come in most useful say if you have one layout specifically for work and one for home/play.

Maybe it is as simple as backing up an XML/reg/dll file?
The Following User Says Thank You to tboy2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2014, 10:49 AM   |  #2  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 11

17 posts
I was thinking about this aswell! It would be awesome not only for backups, but also for creating a layout and sharing it with others!
I looked into fiddler while apps and settings were backed up and I found that the line
Code:
GET https://dm1.storage.live.com/mydata/windows/backups/DeviceRoot_################/backup/os/windowsphone-startscreen
specifies where the start screen is saved in the cloud (there are a few more parameters attached). Opening that link directly didn't work though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread