Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,554 Members 36,588 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ROM with pocket detection?

Tip us?

muzicman0
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default ROM with pocket detection?

My GS5 keeps waking up in my pocket...I'm assuming that it is because the home button is being pressed. Is there a ROM out there that has pocket detection so that it won't wake up if it's in your pocket?

mm0

em0ney14
Old
Thanks Meter 168

I currently have alliance rom v2 installed.

This is located under settings, custom settings, lock screen mods.

Also, I believe wanam x posed can do it, I'm not sure though.

gridflash
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Get this from Google Play.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kelockdetector

muzicman0
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by em0ney14 View Post

I currently have alliance rom v2 installed.

This is located under settings, custom settings, lock screen mods.

Also, I believe wanam x posed can do it, I'm not sure though.
Thanks...just installed...so far, so good!

muzicman0
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
So I installed that ROM, and Faux123's kernel, and it appears to be working great. I wish there was true pocket detection so I didn't have to disable the home button wake, but this will work for now.

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 343
Some lock screen apps e.g. Dynamic notifications pro can be configured to do what you want. They monitor the proximity sensor to know when you pull the phone out of your pocket.

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4,331

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman0 View Post
So I installed that ROM, and Faux123's kernel, and it appears to be working great. I wish there was true pocket detection so I didn't have to disable the home button wake, but this will work for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft View Post
Some lock screen apps e.g. Dynamic notifications pro can be configured to do what you want. They monitor the proximity sensor to know when you pull the phone out of your pocket.

The problem with that tho is it polls the sensor, which drains battery. The air wake feature of our device checks the orientation of the device. I would like to change it so it works on all orientations so when removed from pocket it would wake. That would be the perfect setup.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
The problem with that tho is it polls the sensor, which drains battery. The air wake feature of our device checks the orientation of the device. I would like to change it so it works on all orientations so when removed from pocket it would wake. That would be the perfect setup.

You quoted multiple people who had disparate solutions. Speaking only for myself, I was talking about a lock screen app, not a ROM. And it can be configured to do what you are wishing for. Block accidental use of the home button when locked. Realize when it is pulled from a pocket and wake up.

And it satisfies your newly expressed requirement as well; namely that it is not harsh on battery life. If you search my post history, I even quantified the battery use for that app.

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4,331

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft View Post
You quoted multiple people who had disparate solutions. Speaking only for myself, I was talking about a lock screen app, not a ROM. And it can be configured to do what you are wishing for. Block accidental use of the home button when locked. Realize when it is pulled from a pocket and wake up.

And it satisfies your newly expressed requirement as well; namely that it is not harsh on battery life. If you search my post history, I even quantified the battery use for that app.

Its still using more battery then the system framework can. Therefore its harsh on the battery for people who wish to get 18+ hours on battery. I make apps. I know how to read proximity sensor values. and you need to keep the device awake in order to do it. Maybe using root it would be different.

Anyhow, i was nowhere bashing any app. I was simply stating that instead of replacing your entire lockscreen, you could hack into the already existing code and make it ignore the orientation of the device to achieve what the OP is after.

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 343
Nothing you said refutes my comments or their conclusion. So we'll just have to disagree on the subject.