18th April 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Donate to Me
More
This thread is more of a question.
Yesterday I was trying to accsess the internal SD card's files. I was having trouble mounting the drive to Ubuntu12.04 and found out that it is really difficult and a long prosess, so I thought of the idea of using its SD card as a Network Drive so i can acsess all of its files without plugging it in and mounting it. Is this possible?
18th April 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrobbart

This thread is more of a question.
Yesterday I was trying to accsess the internal SD card's files. I was having trouble mounting the drive to Ubuntu12.04 and found out that it is really difficult and a long prosess, so I thought of the idea of using its SD card as a Network Drive so i can acsess all of its files without plugging it in and mounting it. Is this possible?

I use ubuntu 13.10 and it has a bit of trouble mounting it as well. If it's already plugged in and I try mounting it I usually get an error a couple of times before it will mount then it's fine. However if I unplug the cord and plug it back in, it will mount it no problems. I have tried using the USB port on my router for the same thing and it didn't want to recognize it. I haven't tried doing it wirelessly but I do know you could install an ftp server app on your shield and then R/W to the SD card that way, or you should be able to at least.
18th April 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Texas

6 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexitnow

I use ubuntu 13.10 and it has a bit of trouble mounting it as well. If it's already plugged in and I try mounting it I usually get an error a couple of times before it will mount then it's fine. However if I unplug the cord and plug it back in, it will mount it no problems. I have tried using the USB port on my router for the same thing and it didn't want to recognize it. I haven't tried doing it wirelessly but I do know you could install an ftp server app on your shield and then R/W to the SD card that way, or you should be able to at least.

I have found an application that creates an FTP server on the shield, i just cant figure out a way to connect Ubuntu to that FTP server to acsess the SD card.
19th April 2014, 12:27 AM   |  #4  
Quote:

I have found an application that creates an FTP server on the shield, i just cant figure out a way to connect Ubuntu to that FTP server to acsess the SD card.

You use the LAN IP of the shield. Connect to it through your web browser, or, which is a better option, download an FTP client to your computer and use that.
19th April 2014, 01:10 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Texas

6 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You use the LAN IP of the shield. Connect to it through your web browser, or, which is a better option, download an FTP client to your computer and use that.

I tried using FileZilla and connecting to my lan ip and it could not connect.
19th April 2014, 05:49 AM   |  #6  
Quote:

I tried using FileZilla and connecting to my lan ip and it could not connect.

never used that client before so i cant say anything about it. Do you have the correct user and password entered and if not using do you have guest privileges set on the server? Using proper port?. There has to a better option then this, ill see if i can find anything.
20th April 2014, 12:11 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Texas

6 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

never used that client before so i cant say anything about it. Do you have the correct user and password entered and if not using do you have guest privileges set on the server? Using proper port?. There has to a better option then this, ill see if i can find anything.

I typed in all the fields correctly, Filezilla would just not connect. I also tried going to the "connect to server" option on Ubuntu and set it to FTP server and that also could not connect.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread