Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 41,544 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Music through samsung headphones have no vocals?

Tip us?

unnefer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Audio [Q] Music through samsung headphones have no vocals?

Hi,

As per the title, when I play music on my SGN3 through my Samsung Galaxy S4 earbud headphones, the vocals are missing?

It almost sounds like some sort of karaoke software is intentionally trying to remove vocals from music during playback lol. Or that the headphone output is set to surround sound and I am only hearing the L and R channels and missing the center vocal channel.

The only sound output option that I can find and change is the HDMI output, which can be set to stereo or surround - however both have no effect at fixing the vocals in music playback through my Samsung earbud headphones.

Music playback is fine when I use other headphones and earbuds.

Is there some hidden sound output option where I can set headphone output to stereo? Or is there a compatibility problem with SGS4 earbug heaphones when used with a SGN3?

All help welcomed

HanZie82
Old
Thanks Meter 55

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by unnefer View Post
Hi,

As per the title, when I play music on my SGN3 through my Samsung Galaxy S4 earbud headphones, the vocals are missing?

It almost sounds like some sort of karaoke software is intentionally trying to remove vocals from music during playback lol. Or that the headphone output is set to surround sound and I am only hearing the L and R channels and missing the center vocal channel.

The only sound output option that I can find and change is the HDMI output, which can be set to stereo or surround - however both have no effect at fixing the vocals in music playback through my Samsung earbud headphones.

Music playback is fine when I use other headphones and earbuds.

Is there some hidden sound output option where I can set headphone output to stereo? Or is there a compatibility problem with SGS4 earbug heaphones when used with a SGN3?

All help welcomed
Turn off karaoke setting in your audioplayer.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (N9005) - Stock rooted
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7inch (T210) - Inspire v2.5 rooted

HTC Desire HD running CyanogenMod 10.1 (Radio: 12.69.60.29_26.17.14.11_M) Sold

Home (fibre optics) Mobile (4G)

unnefer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanZie82 View Post
I'm not sure if you are serious or being sarcastic

All music that is played on ANY music player on my Samsung galaxy Note 3 using my Samsung Galaxy S4 earbud headphones does this.

I have not enabled any karaoke setting, and I have not even installed any karaoke app. This just happens no matter what music I listen to and regardless of the player used on the phone.

Like I said in the OP, it seems like the SGN3 is stuck in surround sound mode when the SGS4 earbud headphones are connected instead of playing in stereo - or the vocal track is being removed during playback by the SGN3.

Maybe there is a hidden setting that can lock the headphone output to stereo?

djbrian52
Old
Thanks Meter 423
Do you have a case on your phone?

Sent from my Note 3...making all others drool!

MystaMagoo
Old
Thanks Meter 74
try fiddling with the headphone plug in the socket,very slightly pulling it out while listening to music.
SG Note 3

Stock JB 4.3

unnefer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbrian52 View Post
Do you have a case on your phone?
It's in a leather wallet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystaMagoo View Post
try fiddling with the headphone plug in the socket,very slightly pulling it out while listening to music.
I tired pulling it out but it doesn't change it.

It is weird, because this problem is not there with other headphones - just the Samsung ones?

iphone earbud headphones, panasonic earbud headphones and even generic stereo earbud headphones all work fine - its just the Samsung earbud headphones that are the problem for me

MystaMagoo
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
It's in a leather wallet.

I tired pulling it out but it doesn't change it.

It is weird, because this problem is not there with other headphones - just the Samsung ones?

iphone earbud headphones, panasonic earbud headphones and even generic stereo earbud headphones all work fine - its just the Samsung earbud headphones that are the problem for me
Are you using a different 'SoundAlive setting?
It may also be a restriction of your S4 earbuds in that they only work properly with an S4,which sounds like it may be so seeing as other earphones work?
SG Note 3

Stock JB 4.3

HanZie82
Old
Thanks Meter 55

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I'm not sure if you are serious or being sarcastic

All music that is played on ANY music player on my Samsung galaxy Note 3 using my Samsung Galaxy S4 earbud headphones does this.

I have not enabled any karaoke setting, and I have not even installed any karaoke app. This just happens no matter what music I listen to and regardless of the player used on the phone.

Like I said in the OP, it seems like the SGN3 is stuck in surround sound mode when the SGS4 earbud headphones are connected instead of playing in stereo - or the vocal track is being removed during playback by the SGN3.

Maybe there is a hidden setting that can lock the headphone output to stereo?
Because you had not stated what audio player you used, so i guessed. Had no other choice.
And you should also display what ROM you use, as difrent roms have difrent sound settings.

Buit it sounds like the headset is not compatible with the N3. Is there anyone you can borrow original N3 headset from. Because it sounds like it wont be solved with software setting, else you'd done that already.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (N9005) - Stock rooted
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7inch (T210) - Inspire v2.5 rooted

HTC Desire HD running CyanogenMod 10.1 (Radio: 12.69.60.29_26.17.14.11_M) Sold

Home (fibre optics) Mobile (4G)

4aces
Old
Thanks Meter 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanZie82 View Post
hahaha that made my day.
@unnefer as u said that other headphones work fine I wouldn't put so much thoughts in the issue. Maybe it's an incompatibility problem or the headphones have an issue (did u try them on other devices)
My Device: SM-N9005

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 740
Do the S4 earbuds do the same thing on another device? Or just on your Note 3?
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.