Post Reply
Audio

[Q] Music through samsung headphones have no vocals?

30th May 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Hi,

As per the title, when I play music on my SGN3 through my Samsung Galaxy S4 earbud headphones, the vocals are missing?

It almost sounds like some sort of karaoke software is intentionally trying to remove vocals from music during playback lol. Or that the headphone output is set to surround sound and I am only hearing the L and R channels and missing the center vocal channel.

The only sound output option that I can find and change is the HDMI output, which can be set to stereo or surround - however both have no effect at fixing the vocals in music playback through my Samsung earbud headphones.

Music playback is fine when I use other headphones and earbuds.

Is there some hidden sound output option where I can set headphone output to stereo? Or is there a compatibility problem with SGS4 earbug heaphones when used with a SGN3?


All help welcomed
30th May 2014, 01:51 PM   |  #2  
HanZie82's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 2nd floor still under sea-level.
Thanks Meter: 60
 
238 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unnefer

Hi,

As per the title, when I play music on my SGN3 through my Samsung Galaxy S4 earbud headphones, the vocals are missing?

It almost sounds like some sort of karaoke software is intentionally trying to remove vocals from music during playback lol. Or that the headphone output is set to surround sound and I am only hearing the L and R channels and missing the center vocal channel.

The only sound output option that I can find and change is the HDMI output, which can be set to stereo or surround - however both have no effect at fixing the vocals in music playback through my Samsung earbud headphones.

Music playback is fine when I use other headphones and earbuds.

Is there some hidden sound output option where I can set headphone output to stereo? Or is there a compatibility problem with SGS4 earbug heaphones when used with a SGN3?


All help welcomed

Turn off karaoke setting in your audioplayer.
31st May 2014, 03:46 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanZie82

Turn off karaoke setting in your audioplayer.

I'm not sure if you are serious or being sarcastic

All music that is played on ANY music player on my Samsung galaxy Note 3 using my Samsung Galaxy S4 earbud headphones does this.

I have not enabled any karaoke setting, and I have not even installed any karaoke app. This just happens no matter what music I listen to and regardless of the player used on the phone.

Like I said in the OP, it seems like the SGN3 is stuck in surround sound mode when the SGS4 earbud headphones are connected instead of playing in stereo - or the vocal track is being removed during playback by the SGN3.

Maybe there is a hidden setting that can lock the headphone output to stereo?
31st May 2014, 06:51 AM   |  #4  
djbrian52's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cave Creek(Phoenix), AZ
Thanks Meter: 423
 
1,048 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Do you have a case on your phone?

Sent from my Note 3...making all others drool!
31st May 2014, 08:17 AM   |  #5  
MystaMagoo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76
 
1,059 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
try fiddling with the headphone plug in the socket,very slightly pulling it out while listening to music.
31st May 2014, 11:52 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbrian52

Do you have a case on your phone?

It's in a leather wallet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystaMagoo

try fiddling with the headphone plug in the socket,very slightly pulling it out while listening to music.

I tired pulling it out but it doesn't change it.

It is weird, because this problem is not there with other headphones - just the Samsung ones?

iphone earbud headphones, panasonic earbud headphones and even generic stereo earbud headphones all work fine - its just the Samsung earbud headphones that are the problem for me
31st May 2014, 12:30 PM   |  #7  
MystaMagoo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76
 
1,059 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unnefer

It's in a leather wallet.


I tired pulling it out but it doesn't change it.

It is weird, because this problem is not there with other headphones - just the Samsung ones?

iphone earbud headphones, panasonic earbud headphones and even generic stereo earbud headphones all work fine - its just the Samsung earbud headphones that are the problem for me

Are you using a different 'SoundAlive setting?
It may also be a restriction of your S4 earbuds in that they only work properly with an S4,which sounds like it may be so seeing as other earphones work?
1st June 2014, 12:36 PM   |  #8  
HanZie82's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 2nd floor still under sea-level.
Thanks Meter: 60
 
238 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unnefer

I'm not sure if you are serious or being sarcastic

All music that is played on ANY music player on my Samsung galaxy Note 3 using my Samsung Galaxy S4 earbud headphones does this.

I have not enabled any karaoke setting, and I have not even installed any karaoke app. This just happens no matter what music I listen to and regardless of the player used on the phone.

Like I said in the OP, it seems like the SGN3 is stuck in surround sound mode when the SGS4 earbud headphones are connected instead of playing in stereo - or the vocal track is being removed during playback by the SGN3.

Maybe there is a hidden setting that can lock the headphone output to stereo?

Because you had not stated what audio player you used, so i guessed. Had no other choice.
And you should also display what ROM you use, as difrent roms have difrent sound settings.

Buit it sounds like the headset is not compatible with the N3. Is there anyone you can borrow original N3 headset from. Because it sounds like it wont be solved with software setting, else you'd done that already.
1st June 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #9  
4aces's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 702
 
589 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanZie82

Turn off karaoke setting in your audioplayer.

hahaha that made my day.
@unnefer as u said that other headphones work fine I wouldn't put so much thoughts in the issue. Maybe it's an incompatibility problem or the headphones have an issue (did u try them on other devices)
2nd June 2014, 10:20 AM   |  #10  
ShadowLea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 906
 
3,692 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Do the S4 earbuds do the same thing on another device? Or just on your Note 3?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank