Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Bricked my phone?

OP phazey12

22nd April 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Well, I did something stupid and accidentally wiped system without backing up and now I don't have a ROM installed. When I try sideloading a ROM in recovery, I get the verification failed. I believe I am somehow back on android default recovery.

Can someone help me get a ROM pushed onto the device?

Thanks
Last edited by phazey12; 22nd April 2014 at 05:31 AM.
22nd April 2014, 05:57 AM   |  #2  
evilbeef54's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 80
 
301 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by phazey12

Well, I did something stupid and accidentally wiped system without backing up and now I don't have a ROM installed. When I try sideloading a ROM in recovery, I get the verification failed. I believe I am somehow back on android default recovery.

Can someone help me get a ROM pushed onto the device?

Thanks

have you tried Odin'ing the stock tar back on?
i thought that usually fixes it, but please do a lil searching first before trying that
22nd April 2014, 06:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbeef54

have you tried Odin'ing the stock tar back on?
i thought that usually fixes it, but please do a lil searching first before trying that


I ended up going back into download mode and using odin to install TWRP recovery. I guess that doesn't have problems with ADB sideload. Its sending now.. so I will see if it works. Had to do a few battery pulls =\ hope that didnt harm my device too much

TWRP ADB sideload worked. Weird... wonder why CWM adb sideload was having errors
Last edited by phazey12; 22nd April 2014 at 06:09 AM.
22nd April 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #4  
evilbeef54's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 80
 
301 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by phazey12

I ended up going back into download mode and using odin to install TWRP recovery. I guess that doesn't have problems with ADB sideload. Its sending now.. so I will see if it works. Had to do a few battery pulls =\ hope that didnt harm my device too much

TWRP ADB sideload worked. Weird... wonder why CWM adb sideload was having errors

great, i was pretty sure flashing recovery or stock .tar with odin would work, but i am not 100% lol
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes