PIT file missing when rooting Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T210R with 8GB using JOdin3CASUAL

12th April 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello everyone.

This is my first post to this forum, so maybe I'm posting it on the wrong place. If that's the case, please let me know and I'll happily move it to a different one.

I'm trying to root a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, model SM-T210R, with 8GB of ram and a 7" screen using the method described in another post of this site: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2391367

I'm currently using a MacBook air with Mac OS X 10.9.2. I've downloaded JOdin3 (from here) Heimdal (from here) I also downloaded, as indicated in the xda-developers post the firmware for the T210R (from here)

I hav rebooted the Galaxy Tab into Downloading mode, and JOdin detects the device properly as "Connected":

Now, when I hit the Start button in JOdin, is says Do you want me to obtain a PIT for you? I tell it "Yes", I say Ok to restarting my device, I give it my password so it can sudo... (I would even give it my daughters virginity, if it asked, and I had a daughter) but it can't obtain the Pit file:

Is there any workaround? Any place I can download the right PIT file? I've seen a bunch of Pit files for Samsung Galaxies (mainly in other pages of this site) but I don't seem to be able to find a PIT for my specific model.

Do you guys have any PIT file for my device available? Please?

Thank you in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-04-11 at 7.35.12 PM.png
Views:	112
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	2680981   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-04-11 at 7.36.43 PM.png
Views:	108
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	2680982  
22nd April 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
RE: PIT file missing when rooting Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T210R with 8GB using JOdin3CASUAL
I finally gave up and run the "real" Odin 3.07 in Windows 7 (64bit) It worked fine.

The newer 3.09 didn't seem to run, although I didn't try that much
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread