Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 41,168 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to flash .zip files with Odin?

Tip us?

Unlikely
Old
(Last edited by Unlikely; 22nd April 2014 at 05:09 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to flash .zip files with Odin?

I removed the OS from my N7100 after I messed up with a kernel. Now im trying to reinstall the cyanogen mod but my computer doesnt recognize the phone, and so my only way of flashing anything to the phone is by using Odin, which only accepts .md5 files. I also have Clockworks Mod Recovery but like I said, my computer doesnt recognize my phone as a device

How can I flash cyanogen mod via Odin? When I download it from the official website its not in .md5 format, it's a .zip.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 515

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlikely View Post
I removed the OS from my N7100 after I messed up with a kernel. Now im trying to reinstall the cyanogen mod but my computer doesnt recognize the phone, and so my only way of flashing anything to the phone is by using Odin, which only accepts .md5 files. I also have Clockworks Mod Recovery but like I said, my computer doesnt recognize my phone as a device

How can I flash cyanogen mod via Odin? When I download it from the official website its not in .md5 format, it's a .zip.
If you can still get into recovery, then just throw a rom on an external SD card and flash from there. You can not flash CM via Odin. If you are unable to flash the rom from the external and your ADB isn't working in recovery (driver issue, most likely) to push to internal then you'd have to flash the stock OS through Odin and redo the steps for recovery and rom install.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)