[Q] How to flash .zip files with Odin?

OP Unlikely

22nd April 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
I removed the OS from my N7100 after I messed up with a kernel. Now im trying to reinstall the cyanogen mod but my computer doesnt recognize the phone, and so my only way of flashing anything to the phone is by using Odin, which only accepts .md5 files. I also have Clockworks Mod Recovery but like I said, my computer doesnt recognize my phone as a device

How can I flash cyanogen mod via Odin? When I download it from the official website its not in .md5 format, it's a .zip.
Last edited by Unlikely; 22nd April 2014 at 05:09 PM.
22nd April 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 563

2,950 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlikely

I removed the OS from my N7100 after I messed up with a kernel. Now im trying to reinstall the cyanogen mod but my computer doesnt recognize the phone, and so my only way of flashing anything to the phone is by using Odin, which only accepts .md5 files. I also have Clockworks Mod Recovery but like I said, my computer doesnt recognize my phone as a device

How can I flash cyanogen mod via Odin? When I download it from the official website its not in .md5 format, it's a .zip.

If you can still get into recovery, then just throw a rom on an external SD card and flash from there. You can not flash CM via Odin. If you are unable to flash the rom from the external and your ADB isn't working in recovery (driver issue, most likely) to push to internal then you'd have to flash the stock OS through Odin and redo the steps for recovery and rom install.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread