LG G3 New UI Leaked - Amazing!!!

Search This thread

SandyKick

Mar 28, 2012
Mumbai
May 2 Update: LG G3 Back Panel has been Leaked

30jivjt.jpg

i think G3 doesnt have much changes in design department but will be a Specs Monster !!!

April 22 Update: New Revamped LG UI Update

just in a few days G3 is going to be released, UI has a total revamp. now our G2 becomes more exciting with this new UI

1zbz95j.png
29vc3nk.png

oh2xc1.png
35hmtmr.png

Flat UI icons, New Transparent notification bar...... im really Excited :cowboy: :eek: :D

Last edited:

Jank4AU

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
I never understood why so many mfg's sick with white background and everything so bright. This would be a welcome change, dark with transparent.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Reactions: djoni_gitara

nexususer

Nov 21, 2011
Kirack Hyderabadi
New status bar looks AMAZING but i dont like the homescreen stock android look. The current optimus ui is good enough for me . But that transparent status bar though :D

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

nikoo6

Oct 3, 2012
Why are they making ios-like styles, they could just create another style. Is it that difficult?
I'm not saying that the general style isnt cool but why always copying?

Reactions: AyDee

mgolder

Jun 21, 2010
Chorley
Why are they making ios-like styles, they could just create another style. Is it that difficult?

You do realise that flat style icons and pastel colours for icons and wallpapers existed before ios7? This 'copying' ios7 complaining is getting a bit stupid now. It's simply a current trend, and in a few years we will all have different style icons etc as stock on our phones, and then they will change, and so on.

nikoo6

Oct 3, 2012
You do realise that flat style icons and pastel colours for icons and wallpapers existed before ios7? This 'copying' ios7 complaining is getting a bit stupid now. It's simply a current trend, and in a few years we will all have different style icons etc as stock on our phones, and then they will change, and so on.

I completely understand that, but as well finger recognition was also used before by the motorola atrix but when iphone featured it lg and samsung included it to the flagships, i know that apple isnt really innovating but it annoys me that android brands usually put same features than apple does without creating an own image or features(excuse my english)

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

ECrispy

Jun 25, 2010
Google Pixel 2 XL
Would like to see pics of the dialer/contacts and settings, hope they are all dark themed too!

I know LG won't release an update for G2, hopefully XDA devs can port it.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

It really bugs me how iOS is given credit for the 'flat' look when in fact all Apple did was copy Metro. Metro in WP7 as the first true flat UI and its still the best looking.

mgolder

Jun 21, 2010
Chorley
I completely understand that, but as well finger recognition was also used before by the motorola atrix but when iphone featured it lg and samsung included it to the flagships, i know that apple isnt really innovating but it annoys me that android brands usually put same features than apple does without creating an own image or features(excuse my english)

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

In theory though it is a debate that goes round and round and round with no answers. We like to accuse apple of copying our pull down notifications, and now windows phone is getting that too. Companies will use as much of other peoples ideas as they can, just in their own way and always will (then apple will sue them anyway . . . . I kid, I kid). Luckily we have the option of changing our icons at will on android, so if people don't like it they can change it easily.

SandyKick

Mar 28, 2012
Mumbai
Compared to the Current & New UI ....... with same widget & icons i will prefer the new UI :good:

8zp43q.jpg
oh2xc1.png

New UI is not awesome or amazing but compared to G2 or G Pro this is much better (IMO)

Last edited:
Reactions: geoff5093

Cst79

Oct 5, 2013
Looks a lot like the iOS 7. Really, they have a solid OS and a solid phone, why are they making fools of themselves by copying Apple yet again ?

Reactions: nikoo6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    May 2 Update: LG G3 Back Panel has been Leaked

30jivjt.jpg

i think G3 doesnt have much changes in design department but will be a Specs Monster !!!

April 22 Update: New Revamped LG UI Update

just in a few days G3 is going to be released, UI has a total revamp. now our G2 becomes more exciting with this new UI

1zbz95j.png
    29vc3nk.png

oh2xc1.png
    35hmtmr.png

Flat UI icons, New Transparent notification bar...... im really Excited :cowboy: :eek: :D
    Flat is flat, an iOS7-like is iOS7-like. You can certainly do a flat UI that does not look like Apple (Microsoft did, Nokia X did), but LG chose to shamelessly copy Apple.

I don't see how this
    1zbz95j.png

is copying this
    t5Cd3pil.jpg

Flat icons doesn't mean it is copying it. LG - no rounded corners, LG icons have "transparent" backgrounds (see LG browser icon). Part of the "flat" design is bright, vibrant colors, which is the only similarity and is present in almost every flat design.

I don't see how this
    1zbz95j.png

is copying this
    t5Cd3pil.jpg

Flat icons doesn't mean it is copying it. LG - no rounded corners, LG icons have "transparent" backgrounds (see LG browser icon). Part of the "flat" design is bright, vibrant colors, which is the only similarity and is present in almost every flat design.

Me too, and thank god it is nowhere looking like IOS7...
    Why can't lg just use the quick settings page instead of the stupid toggles?