FORUMS

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

[Q] How to recover photos from an unrooted note 3?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By c9zip, Junior Member on 22nd April 2014, 07:44 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have a Rogers locked galaxy note 3 (model: SM-N900W8), and I accidentally deleted all the photos from my phone and sadly I do not back them up, and they are all stored in the internal phone memory. I already tried some recovery program like Dr. Fone, Tenorshare, Amacsoft, and no luck at all. Is there a way to recover since my phone is not rooted. I called Rogers tech and they tell me there's no way to retrieve.

Would really appreciate if anyone can answer my question!!!
 
 
22nd April 2014, 08:29 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by c9zip

I have a Rogers locked galaxy note 3 (model: SM-N900W8), and I accidentally deleted all the photos from my phone and sadly I do not back them up, and they are all stored in the internal phone memory. I already tried some recovery program like Dr. Fone, Tenorshare, Amacsoft, and no luck at all. Is there a way to recover since my phone is not rooted. I called Rogers tech and they tell me there's no way to retrieve.

Would really appreciate if anyone can answer my question!!!

Havent tried this but i can't see a reason it wouldnt work:

1. Plug phone into computer
2. Install recuva (piriform)
3. Tell recuva to search the phones internal memory and not your HDD (eg. F: drive)
4. Wait and see if it finds them
5. If it finds them,restore them!

Please ask if you are having trouble

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
22nd April 2014, 08:30 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 335
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by c9zip

I have a Rogers locked galaxy note 3 (model: SM-N900W8), and I accidentally deleted all the photos from my phone and sadly I do not back them up, and they are all stored in the internal phone memory. I already tried some recovery program like Dr. Fone, Tenorshare, Amacsoft, and no luck at all. Is there a way to recover since my phone is not rooted. I called Rogers tech and they tell me there's no way to retrieve.

Would really appreciate if anyone can answer my question!!!

Absolutely no way to recover non-rooted, if the garbage-collector on the flash is any good it is very likely you can't recover anything even if you are rooted or possibly even if you have JTAG access.
23rd April 2014, 03:06 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Still no luck with Rucuva. I guess I have to stuck with the fact that all the photos and can't recover.
23rd April 2014, 03:18 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by c9zip

Still no luck with Rucuva. I guess I have to stuck with the fact that all the photos and can't recover.


Sorry i couldn't help you!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
24th April 2014, 08:12 AM |#6  
fadhil3536's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Port Klang , Malaysia
Thanks Meter: 230
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by c9zip

Still no luck with Rucuva. I guess I have to stuck with the fact that all the photos and can't recover.

The best app in playstore is disk digger. But you must be root. It will search all the file that has been deleted. But also you choose file format to recover. Root is a must to do that.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd December 2014, 10:41 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
The deleted photos may be still store in the phone, if you have no backup, you can use a android recovery tool for help, it's the best and easiest way for you.
13th May 2015, 03:31 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Flag auburn
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
any ideas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanber1

The deleted photos may be still store in the phone, if you have no backup, you can use a android recovery tool for help, it's the best and easiest way for you.

what android recovery can be used?
13th May 2015, 04:57 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,492
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhaley19

what android recovery can be used?


My guess is that this answer was at best wrong .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes