Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,053 Members 46,447 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Q) Galaxy Note 3 Cant be downgraded?!

Tip us?
 
eazy3445
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 105
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default (Q) Galaxy Note 3 Cant be downgraded?!

Im running kitkat on my samsung note 3 and im trying to downgrade it so it can be flashed....is there any way to downgrade my phone?! i keep getting a fail on Odin
 
eazy3445
Old
#2  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 105
Join Date: Jan 2014
this is the error ii am getting in ODIN


<ID:0/029> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N900PVPUBMJ4_N900PSPTBMJ4_N900PVPUBMJ4_HOME.tar.md 5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/029> Odin v.3 engine (ID:29)..
<ID:0/029> File analysis..
<ID:0/029> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/029> Initialzation..
<ID:0/029> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/029> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/029> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/029> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/029> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/029> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/029> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/029>
<ID:0/029> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
 
ultramag69
Old
#3  
ultramag69's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 574
Posts: 4,455
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Waratah
How can you NOT KNOW THIS??!!!
It's all over the forum and on most of the rooting threads...
Way to go with your homework....

To get your phone working again flash a KK rom...
Oh, by the way you might wanna check your Knox warranty void status, you'll be lucky if it isn't 0x1...
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...
 
eazy3445
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 105
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69 View Post
How can you NOT KNOW THIS??!!!
It's all over the forum and on most of the rooting threads...
Way to go with your homework....

To get your phone working again flash a KK rom...
Oh, by the way you might wanna check your Knox warranty void status, you'll be lucky if it isn't 0x1...
im sorry lol im kinda of new to this! and what is a KK rom to be exact?
 
raied115
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 263
Join Date: Jun 2012
Kitkat version.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
 
eazy3445
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 105
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by raied115 View Post
Kitkat version.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
oh ok thank you , guess i can't flash my phone then wish there was a way to downgrade
 
ultramag69
Old
#7  
ultramag69's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 574
Posts: 4,455
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Waratah
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy3445 View Post
oh ok thank you , guess i can't flash my phone then wish there was a way to downgrade
Mate, I wasn't kidding about Knox warranty void being tripped. If you go to download mode check it says Knox warranty void 0x0. If not, then you can flash the latest cf-autoroot from the original rom developement section for root access as you have already tripped Knox...
I hope you didn't have re-activation lock active also cause this too can be a pain. You need to re-flash the exact rom that was on your phone BFORE rooting or playing around or you won't be able to get it to start up...
Again this information is in download mode...
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...
 
eazy3445
Old
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 105
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69 View Post
Mate, I wasn't kidding about Knox warranty void being tripped. If you go to download mode check it says Knox warranty void 0x0. If not, then you can flash the latest cf-autoroot from the original rom developement section for root access as you have already tripped Knox...
I hope you didn't have re-activation lock active also cause this too can be a pain. You need to re-flash the exact rom that was on your phone BFORE rooting or playing around or you won't be able to get it to start up...
Again this information is in download mode...
yea my knox is 0x0 soo that means??
 
fadhil3536
Old
#9  
fadhil3536's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 146
Posts: 472
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Port Klang , Malaysia
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy3445 View Post
yea my knox is 0x0 soo that means??
Good. Warranty safe. Now flash stock KK rom through odin and you will be safe.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Press thanks if i helped u...

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Blast Those Flags with Knock the Flags

Lately, we have seen a rather drastic shift in the world of mobile device gaming. The infamous Angry … more

Hide Numbers on Your SMS and Call Logs with Reflection

How many times have you given your device to someone else in order to show them a … more

Implement Split View in Your LG G2 KitKat Rom with Automated Installer

Some of you may have remembered a story on the Portal a few weeks back … more