Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 52,081 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(HELP!) Sleep of Death - Mega i527 AT&T

Tip us?

felixbodden
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default (HELP!) Sleep of Death - Mega i527 AT&T

Hey guys I'm new to the forums, I just don't know what to do anymore. I have a Galaxy Mega from AT&T with SOD in case you don't know what sleep of death is basically when I lock my Mega and put it to sleep he won't wake up until I do a hard reset or pull the battery out, I'M DESPERATE.

If anyone knows a solution for this please let me know.

Just in case, this is the phone info:

Android version 4.2.2
Baseband version I527UCUAMK2
Kernel version 3.4.0-2052936
se.infra@R0304-08 #1
Mon Nov 4 16:57:11 KST 2013
Build number JDQ39.I527UCUAMK2

Thank you in advance!

azpatterson3
Old
Thanks Meter 142

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixbodden View Post
Hey guys I'm new to the forums, I just don't know what to do anymore. I have a Galaxy Mega from AT&T with SOD in case you don't know what sleep of death is basically when I lock my Mega and put it to sleep he won't wake up until I do a hard reset or pull the battery out, I'M DESPERATE.

Android version 4.2.2
se.infra@R0304-08 #1

Thank you in advance!
Are you rooted? Did you freeze or remove anything?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527
I count flying toasters to fall asleep.

felixbodden
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by azpatterson3 View Post
Are you rooted? Did you freeze or remove anything?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527
Yes I'm rooted now but before the rooting I had the same problem, and no I didn't remove anything. Also the phone is unlocked but I don't know the tool that was used to perform the unlocking, I just bought the phone from ebay but the seller won't even bother to answer my messages.

azpatterson3
Old
(Last edited by azpatterson3; 21st January 2014 at 11:38 PM.) Reason: extra info
Thanks Meter 142

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yes I'm rooted now but before the rooting I had the same problem, and no I didn't remove anything. Also the phone is unlocked but I don't know the tool that was used to perform the unlocking, I just bought the phone from ebay but the seller won't even bother to answer my messages.
Short of Kies or Odin to flash stock back on it... I don't know. Hope it is not a hardware issue. If you used paypal, I would let them know about the seller and maybe get your money back

Here is the link to the odin tar.md5 file
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2558602
I count flying toasters to fall asleep.

felixbodden
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by azpatterson3 View Post
Short of Kies or Odin to flash stock back on it... I don't know. Hope it is not a hardware issue. If you used paypal, I would let them know about the seller and maybe get your money back

Here is the link to the odin tar.md5 file
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2558602
Thank you for the help man but no luck :/ it flashed successfully yet still the same problem. I know for sure it must be software related, I wish there was a custom rom for i527.

jzsidebott
Old
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thank you for the help man but no luck :/ it flashed successfully yet still the same problem. I know for sure it must be software related, I wish there was a custom rom for i527.
its a software issue even with a fresh flash? sounds like it is hardware related to me. I would check ATT and see if you can get it replaced if it is an ATT mega.
The Following User Says Thank You to jzsidebott For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

manlapasj13@gmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 1
To to reflash ang stock ROM..

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk

megalomanic14
Old
Thanks Meter 2123
Quote:

Android version 4.2.2
se.infra@R0304-08 #1

Thank you in advance!

To me...This sounds like a kernel issue. I've had similar issues when testing kernels I'm building. That is if the mega runs fine when actually on and functioning. Here's a trick to know if the mods done prior to purchase involved modifying the kernel.

When the mega shuts down and won't boot...plug it into the charger ...let it cycle thru and show the little battery icon level meter...then start it back up...If it boots without hard reset we can go from there.

Mega

realkings
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Angry i527 bootloop after update

need help any kind of help . my att mega i527 is in bootloop after update my phone was rooted an update went through without me knowing i tried all the files posted throrghout the site but nouthing works