Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,921 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

bitdefender

Tip us?

madmax86
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default bitdefender

bitdefender is good?

G.Ashwinkumar
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax86 View Post
bitdefender is good?
Yes for PC but no for android. You may ask the reason some of them are ba detection rates, high Ram usage etc. I would recommend Trust Go its a free app which has scored pretty high in the benchmarks consumes low Ram and has great features.
The Following User Says Thank You to G.Ashwinkumar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

madmax86
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
What do you recommend?

Veeshush
Old
(Last edited by Veeshush; 18th February 2014 at 02:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Others you may like are ESET and Malwarebytes. Generally things that call home to alert new and unheard of running things are generally good. Virustotal app does just that while sharing the results of what you upload to all AVs which are a part of it's service.

thering1972
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I agree good for a pc not a smartphone far too memory hogging for my liking :thumbdown:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

justin1997
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Bitdefender for android is ok but I use lookout moble security and it works better than any other moble security
But android is based on linux and linux doesn't realy have many viruses written for is since most people use windows based software so I don't realy see why u would need antivirus for android

Sent from my SCH-S968C using xda app-developers app

cnpc1984
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This program takes up resources, I never install similar application.

InfamusOne
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin1997 View Post
Bitdefender for android is ok but I use lookout moble security and it works better than any other moble security
But android is based on linux and linux doesn't realy have many viruses written for is since most people use windows based software so I don't realy see why u would need antivirus for android

Sent from my SCH-S968C using xda app-developers app
Linux is the most secure operating system available, Apple thinks to highly of itself, and Windows, well we've all been there...

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

Veeshush
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin1997 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamusOne View Post
Linux is the most secure operating system available
Even Linux isn't immune to threats: http://www.welivesecurity.com/2014/0...of-linuxebury/

That said, you can't really compare Android to a Linux desktop distro.

theJGstandard
Old
Thanks Meter 4
there are a lot of good AV apps for Android. go to av-test(dot)org for a list of Av vendors who test well.

Sophos
ESET
Kaspersky
Anti-AVL
Avast

all of the above apps consistently get good av-test scores.

to toot my own horn quickly Armor for Android is an android ativirus that scored 98.2 on the Av-test which is very high. But our app Armor for Androi does not have a free AV service so if your looking for free youll have to go elsewhere. Armor for Android as well as all of the previously mentioned Av apps are all available on Google Play