Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,971 Members 44,772 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Horrible Wakelock

Tip us?

kmankin5344
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Horrible Wakelock

I have this wakelock called diagnostics.client.wakelock that's destroying my battery. I've searched Google and here to get some more info but couldn't find anything. Anyone know of a fix?

Paulita1
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Recently I've heard that wakelock drains battery while I am sleeping. At first I thought it was a Social App or background data running while I was asleep but today I made sure everything similar to that was not running.

Ipaqman01
Old
(Last edited by Ipaqman01; 5th February 2014 at 01:38 AM.) Reason: Update
Thanks Meter 9
My GN3 phone had been doing great with battery usage until this month (use less than 20 percent per day).

To resolve the problem, I rooted my phone and backed up everything and did a factory reset.

I found that my wakelock time was less than one percent until I installed AT&T Visual Voicemail, PayPa,l BofA, and Shazam.

I have since done another reset and installed Google Voice instead. My wake time is still less than one percent now.

--------------------------

After a few days, I am seeing the horrible wakelock again. Ugh.

Ipaqman01
Old
(Last edited by Ipaqman01; 22nd April 2014 at 07:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
After no success fixing this wakelock issue and battery drain, I got the NB4 software update OTA today and it looks like the problem is fixed.

--- Not fixed.

Ipaqman01
Old
(Last edited by Ipaqman01; 22nd April 2014 at 07:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
I was still having the diagnostics.client.wakelock with NB4, too. I switched to the X-Note 7 ROM and the battery drain problem was gone. During the night, I was seeing 0.2 percent per hour battery drain. That still did not tell what was wrong with NB4.

Just recently, I switched to FireNote as that is closer to AT&T stock MJ5. I started getting the same wakelocks again. Someone in the FireNote thread reported that he never gets that wakelock and that is must be an app. I went back to re-install FireNote and put a few of my testing apps on and found the wakelock again. After removing each one, I found that Active Apps widget was causing the wakelock problem. That widget is not available on X-Note 7. This is one of the first widgets I always install.

I still see occasional diagnostics.client.wakelock but not the hundreds per day as I did before.