Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 45,112 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Internet Issues

Tip us?

nickhowell25
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Internet Issues

Hello all,

I really need some help because I am still under my 15 day trade in with best buy, and this internet connectivity is really becoming a hassle for me. My internet does not work for long periods of time then i have to reset the phone in order for it to work. This only happens with 3g and LTE never wifi. Does anyone know what the issue is? Im starting to get closer to my deadline, and I may have to return this phone. Any suggestions?

bimmerbot
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhowell25 View Post
Hello all,

I really need some help because I am still under my 15 day trade in with best buy, and this internet connectivity is really becoming a hassle for me. My internet does not work for long periods of time then i have to reset the phone in order for it to work. This only happens with 3g and LTE never wifi. Does anyone know what the issue is? Im starting to get closer to my deadline, and I may have to return this phone. Any suggestions?
You should call Sprint to see if they are "upgrading" your local towers for Spark. Internet has been problematic for a while because they've been trying to catch up with their promises. Are you on stock rom?
The Following User Says Thank You to bimmerbot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nickhowell25
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerbot View Post
You should call Sprint to see if they are "upgrading" your local towers for Spark. Internet has been problematic for a while because they've been trying to catch up with their promises. Are you on stock rom?
Yes, I am on stock ROM/

onefasttreopro
Old
Thanks Meter 68
I had the same issue during release week...I activated the phone, had LTE, left LTE area, stuck on 3g, reboot, have LTE for short time and then back to 3g....I called and talked to a higher tier rep and the way they explained it was that with the big amount of spark capable phones being added on partially upgraded towers was bogging the system down...I now have my steady lte back and even stronger in some areas I'm in daily, compared to the m7...so long story short, probably just the load on a tower that hasn't fully upgraded/initialized... Hope that sounds like your issue and it clarifies what might be causing it.

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app