Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,554 Members 36,260 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] can't get in to RCK bricked?

Tip us?

nebunami
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] can't get in to RCK bricked?

So I had some trouble with my device bad third party app im guessing, it would crash all the time and i couldn't restart it. so I wiped it that worked fine, now a few days ago i decided I'd like to get kitkat on it. before doing anything i wanted to test if i can get in to RCK, so I start my device volume down and a message appears at the top corner:
Key driver not found,,booting os
Android cardhu-user bootloader <1.00 e> released by "ww_epad-10.6.1.27.5-20130902" A03
Starting fastboot usb download protocol.

then when I press up volume on RCK I get the dead andriod error message after a few seconds of initializing

anything I have read about this tells me to re flash my device the problem is the device is not flashed.
So if I understand the process correctly i need to get in to RCK in order to get to the usb connection and then flash my device
so I'm kinda stuck.
appreciate any help you can give me.
btw I'm running the original asus 4.2 update never did anything to the device besides the bad app

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebunami View Post
So I had some trouble with my device bad third party app im guessing, it would crash all the time and i couldn't restart it. so I wiped it that worked fine, now a few days ago i decided I'd like to get kitkat on it. before doing anything i wanted to test if i can get in to RCK, so I start my device volume down and a message appears at the top corner:
Key driver not found,,booting os
Android cardhu-user bootloader <1.00 e> released by "ww_epad-10.6.1.27.5-20130902" A03
Starting fastboot usb download protocol.

then when I press up volume on RCK I get the dead andriod error message after a few seconds of initializing

anything I have read about this tells me to re flash my device the problem is the device is not flashed.
So if I understand the process correctly i need to get in to RCK in order to get to the usb connection and then flash my device
so I'm kinda stuck.
appreciate any help you can give me.
btw I'm running the original asus 4.2 update never did anything to the device besides the bad app
You are not bricked, that means that you have not yet flashed a recovery.

First you have to flash a compatible recovery. That means you have to install fastboot on your computer and use it with this guide:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...79&postcount=7

If you tablet detects a computer plugged in, it will automatically go to fastboot, despite the dead android. Therefore, plug your tablet into your computer, and then turn it on while holding the vol down key.
My Devices:

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE