Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,032 Members 52,737 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Coming to USA?

Tip us?

T-Keith
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 61
Default Coming to USA?

Thus tablet looks very promising, but there isn't a lot of info out there on it. I currently have a nexus 7, but am looking at getting a 10". When is the z2 coming to the US and at what price? Am I the only one exited about this?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Moto X 32GB
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Nexus 7 (2012)
HP touchpads

tullnd
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Keith View Post
Thus tablet looks very promising, but there isn't a lot of info out there on it. I currently have a nexus 7, but am looking at getting a 10". When is the z2 coming to the US and at what price? Am I the only one exited about this?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Not entirely sure if it'll come with a carrier. But the wifi version will probably be available just like the Tablet Z was. Both in Sony Stores and in resellers like Amazon, Best Buy, etc...

Best guess is it'll run $499 for a wifi 16Gb just like the Tablet Z did, and $599 for a 32Gb model. Mobile connectivity versions a bit higher, depending on if you buy them straight up or on a contract.

Last I heard indicated either late April or early May for release in the US. Probably May is more likely I bet.
The Following User Says Thank You to tullnd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spridell
Old
Thanks Meter 60
The cellular model looks like Sony made one model with every band in it.

So you could import and will work on Att and T-mobile.

It even has 1700/2100 band for t-mobile HSPA

amynjimmy
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by spridell View Post
The cellular model looks like Sony made one model with every band in it.

So you could import and will work on Att and T-mobile.

It even has 1700/2100 band for t-mobile HSPA
Was thinking about buying one from eBay... Tropical mobile has them for 605...us dollars... What do you all think.

MB865/ST-ATT/4.4.2/BMM
ZLP- SM-N900W8/Att-ST/OxO/CWM/ViSiOn NC2_4.4.2,Snapkat 2.6
SMP600- ? brand new
SM-N900w8/StraightTalk/ Rooted/ 0x0/ViSiOn/Snapkat 2.6 2.88gz
Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 SM-p600
MB865/ATT-ST/BMM running KITKAT 4.4.2!!!!

Rock and Roll Baby!!

spridell
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by amynjimmy View Post
Was thinking about buying one from eBay... Tropical mobile has them for 605...us dollars... What do you all think.

MB865/ST-ATT/4.4.2/BMM
SMP600- ? brand new
I ordered the LTE version from Tropical Mobile on Ebay.

Its shipped out and being delivered to my house tomorrow. I am planning on using it with T-mobile.

I will let u know how it is.

amynjimmy
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by spridell View Post
I ordered the LTE version from Tropical Mobile on Ebay.

Its shipped out and being delivered to my house tomorrow. I am planning on using it with T-mobile.

I will let u know how it is.
Excellent... I'm excited.... Y'all lemme know how it is cause I'm gonna order as well her eyes shortly..

MB865/ST-ATT/4.4.2/BMM
SMP600- ? brand new
SM-N900w8/StraightTalk/ Rooted/ 0x0/ViSiOn/Snapkat 2.6 2.88gz
Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 SM-p600
MB865/ATT-ST/BMM running KITKAT 4.4.2!!!!

Rock and Roll Baby!!

zabih107
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I ordered from tropical mobile too, 16gb WiFi. Will be here tomorrow

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

CAL7
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabih107 View Post
I ordered from tropical mobile too, 16gb WiFi. Will be here tomorrow
Wow! I'm not here to bash, or promote, any particular retailer. I'm just a guy who wants to buy one of these and am frustrated that Sony isn't selling them here the U.S. (Similar story with the Z1C phone which I ended up buying from the U.K.)

But ... Did you really pay $1500 at Tropical Mobile (price I see on eBay) for a device which retails around the world for $5-600?

If so, my hat's off to you for being bold and decisive. I'm still waiting, hoping for a good option from the U.K. or from Sony USA. The price from the U.K., when available, is forecast at about $590 with support from Sony UK and a two year warranty. There are apparently reputable U.S. eBay sellers offering no-support Europe versions for $510. The latter are promised to already be through customs and ready to ship; what I read at Tropical Mobile is ambiguous about where they actually are and if there might still be customs issues.

spridell
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL7 View Post
Wow! I'm not here to bash, or promote, any particular retailer. I'm just a guy who wants to buy one of these and am frustrated that Sony isn't selling them here the U.S. (Similar story with the Z1C phone which I ended up buying from the U.K.)

But ... Did you really pay $1500 at Tropical Mobile (price I see on eBay) for a device which retails around the world for $5-600?

If so, my hat's off to you for being bold and decisive. I'm still waiting, hoping for a good option from the U.K. or from Sony USA. The price from the U.K., when available, is forecast at about $590 with support from Sony UK and a two year warranty. There are apparently reputable U.S. eBay sellers offering no-support Europe versions for $510. The latter are promised to already be through customs and ready to ship; what I read at Tropical Mobile is ambiguous about where they actually are and if there might still be customs issues.
I got the WIFI+LTE version from Tropical on Ebay.

I purchased about 10 days ago and the price for the wifi+lte version was $690

I see he just recently raised the price to over $1,000

Mine came from Singapore. Left Singapore and was at JFK and cleared customs the next day. No problems at all

zabih107
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Mine left Singapore too. I paid $560. It wasn't $1000 or so like u said at that time. So no need to rage just simple ask...

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk