Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

s5 mobile Hotspot widget

OP jchildress

23rd April 2014, 07:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
I use my mobile hotspot every day. I have yet to find a widget to turn it on from the home screen on the s5. I've tried several from Google play but none work. Currently I have to go through settings, other networks, etc to be able to turn it on. Has anyone found one that works with current s5 software?
24th April 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
So apparently there isn't one. Would anyone be willing to make one?
25th April 2014, 03:38 AM   |  #3  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 25

166 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchildress

I use my mobile hotspot every day. I have yet to find a widget to turn it on from the home screen on the s5. I've tried several from Google play but none work. Currently I have to go through settings, other networks, etc to be able to turn it on. Has anyone found one that works with current s5 software?

Have you tried downloading widgets from Play Store? Maybe, some of it will work.
25th April 2014, 06:29 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 157

881 posts
More
hello

you can use the icon in the status bar :

and rearrange icons to have this in the very first icons.

or setup a widget with Widgetsoid https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jim2
The Following User Says Thank You to Corwin9S For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 07:01 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
I'm not talking about wifi, but the mobile hotspot for using my phone for internet. There isn't a hotspot icon in the drop-down menu. I have tried multiple widget apps from the play store, at least 10 different ones. Some don't work at all, some actually check subscription status but then don't turn it on. Yes I'm on a valid data plan because I can turn it on manually and it works just fine. Something is set up different with the s5 that doesn't let the previous versions work. Something will have to be made specifically for the s5. I even emailed the developer at beautiful widgets who told me it was not possible for an app to toggle the hotspot. Just got this email a few minutes ago btw..
25th April 2014, 07:05 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Developer

881 posts
More
hi.
So I've misunderstood your question. You want to share your mobile connexion (3G, 4G,...) to other people, who have to connect via wifi to your phone to gain access to this connexion ?

There is an icon named "wifi hotspot" in the statut bar. You have to swipe horizontaly the icons bar to gain access to other icons. You also can hit the icon to edit and rearrange order.

Last edited by Corwin9S; 25th April 2014 at 07:14 AM.
25th April 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Yes, that's exactly what I'm looking for but that icon is missing from my Verizon based s5...

But that is what I'm looking for
25th April 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Developer

881 posts
More
Weird... try to use widgetsoid. With this you will be able to put a widget with the wifi hotspot, activate by simple click. I've done it, it's working.

Envoyé de mon SM-G900F en utilisant Tapatalk
25th April 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Developer

881 posts
More
Here pics on how to setup, once widgetsoid is installed:

Choose switcher widget:

Select hotspot wifi

Click apply (you can choose colors,...)

You will have the button on screen. Click to activate, button will enlightenment:

Envoyé de mon SM-G900F en utilisant Tapatalk
26th April 2014, 11:37 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Sadly it does the same thing as the rest I tried. It checks my subscription status, but doesn't turn the hotspot on.

Btw, I'd like to thank you for your help so far, even if nothing has worked yet, I appreciate your trying

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread