Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 50,298 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Home button doesn't wake the Screen some times

Tip us?

z89x23
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Home button doesn't wake the Screen some times

hi guys..

Got my new phone at the launching day.. everything runs perfect..

But yesterday and today i encounter a small issue..

please note that i have fingerprint scanner lock on my phone..

when i pressed the home button just to wake the screen, the screen didn't respond.. only the side buttons lid..

the screen remained black after the second press too.. then i pressed the power button once and the screen woke..

the thing was that when i pressed the power button after this incident the home screen game me a third option, apart from emergency calls (left) and alternative password (right), Unlock via Google placed to the middle..

this happened also today twice..

Any suggestions on this ?? did anyone encounter this ??

please note that i didn't use any other locking method except fingerprint scanner and the home button responds fine in any other case.. Thanx..
The Following User Says Thank You to z89x23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eyecon82
Old
Thanks Meter 1648
I randomly get unresponsive touches when trying to open an app in the app drawer folders. Haven't had the home button issue though

-Sent from Tapatalk

BigAl1044
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm having the exact same problem. Very disappointing for a new device. Not sure if I'm going to return it yet. I've tried factory reset and it didn't fix it.

Guy in the shop said he'll have to send it back to Samsung for testing.

I've gone back to using my old phone !!!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TheAxman
Old
Thanks Meter 11861

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl1044 View Post
I'm having the exact same problem. Very disappointing for a new device. Not sure if I'm going to return it yet. I've tried factory reset and it didn't fix it.

Guy in the shop said he'll have to send it back to Samsung for testing.

I've gone back to using my old phone !!!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
S-Voice is causing the problem on the home button lag, go trun off the open with home key in the svoice settings....

eyecon82
Old
Thanks Meter 1648
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxman View Post
S-Voice is causing the problem on the home button lag, go trun off the open with home key in the svoice settings....
I turned it off when I first got the phone and still have it, although not as noticeable

-Sent from Tapatalk

TomaLLoS
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
I turned it off when I first got the phone and still have it, although not as noticeable

-Sent from Tapatalk
same here I also switch this off and still same problem and format wipe data and cashe don't help

polish_pat
Old
Thanks Meter 338

DONATE TO ME
im having similar issues while on a call, i cant type in the extension, i touch the number pad and it does nothing. I turn off screen and now it doesnt want to turn back on. Like anything new, there will be a few hiccups, but samsung are usually fast for that first firmware push. I remember for the S4, i got it on launch day and the same day a new firmware was available, the note 3 took about 10 days before that initial firmware that fixed the few most obvious issues. Dont bring it back, just be patient.

eyecon82
Old
Thanks Meter 1648
Quote:
Originally Posted by polish_pat View Post
im having similar issues while on a call, i cant type in the extension, i touch the number pad and it does nothing. I turn off screen and now it doesnt want to turn back on. Like anything new, there will be a few hiccups, but samsung are usually fast for that first firmware push. I remember for the S4, i got it on launch day and the same day a new firmware was available, the note 3 took about 10 days before that initial firmware that fixed the few most obvious issues. Dont bring it back, just be patient.
I've randomly noticed I can't click on an app to open it if it is in a folder I created in the app drawer

-Sent from Tapatalk

polish_pat
Old
Thanks Meter 338

DONATE TO ME
I heared some new firmwares have been pushed... Anybody got one?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

eyecon82
Old
Thanks Meter 1648
Quote:
Originally Posted by polish_pat View Post
I heared some new firmwares have been pushed... Anybody got one?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
It gets pushed out in waves, so it may be a few days to a few weeks till you get it. Kind of a bummer

-Sent from Tapatalk