Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,347 Members 51,422 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

sprint gs5 PRL 1 no signal

Tip us?

panchaboy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default sprint gs5 PRL 1 no signal

hi guys i got a gs5 sprint version (bad esn) i decided to change my esn and meid with DFS (like i did before with some phones) the problem is when writting the new esn and restart my phone lost signal and my PRL is 1...so i writte back to the original esn and my phone gets signal..so why only with original esn can get signal?? i also tried with cdma workshop in OTHER tab writting NVONLY then writting my PRL restarts with the same PRL 1 and no signal(get back to original esn and its ok)
want to change my esn cuz want to flash my phone to another carrier but my carrier telling me theres invalid esn .
anny suggestions??? THANKS

ganjamatik
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by panchaboy View Post
hi guys i got a gs5 sprint version (bad esn) i decided to change my esn and meid with DFS (like i did before with some phones) the problem is when writting the new esn and restart my phone lost signal and my PRL is 1...so i writte back to the original esn and my phone gets signal..so why only with original esn can get signal?? i also tried with cdma workshop in OTHER tab writting NVONLY then writting my PRL restarts with the same PRL 1 and no signal(get back to original esn and its ok)
want to change my esn cuz want to flash my phone to another carrier but my carrier telling me theres invalid esn .
anny suggestions??? THANKS
thats the way it is for now- I do not condone changing esn numbers but I have confirmed I have repaired a few that lost signal do to esn changes- currently is no way to modify esn and retain any signal on the sprint model and on the us cellular it will work but without 3g

panchaboy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganjamatik View Post
thats the way it is for now- I do not condone changing esn numbers but I have confirmed I have repaired a few that lost signal do to esn changes- currently is no way to modify esn and retain any signal on the sprint model and on the us cellular it will work but without 3g
well thanks ...imma use my s5 like an ipod lol
please if anyother knows how to fix my problem

Mr. Q 5
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Any solution so far?

Were you guys able to get this problem solved?

Right now I am in the same situation.. if I change ESN/MEID I lose signal and I can't seem to change the IMEI at all .. DFS shows that it changes but after restart, only ESN/MEID is changed, IMEI always stays the same. I beleive that is the problem because ESN/MEID and IMEI aren't matching somewhere in the code.

Please do let me know if there is anyway to get the signal back.
Thanks!