Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 38,281 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SWApp Link:: The Best Companion App for your Gear

Tip us?

cyrilp
Old
(Last edited by cyrilp; 8th August 2014 at 04:07 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 265
Default SWApp Link:: The Best Companion App for your Gear

Available on Google Play Store
It's an android app, will need Null Rom on the Gear

Available on Google Play Store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ss.swapps.link

SWApp Link is intended for use with Smartwatches running Android OS.

Some compatible Smartwatches:

Samsung Gear 1 (with android ROM), Omate TS, AI Watch, Neptune Pine, Inwatch Z, AW-414, AW-420, Callisto 100.

Features:

Call Notifications:
 • Displays the caller’s photo.
 • Option to take the call, reject the call, or reply via SMS (composed on the watch and sent through the phone.)
 • During call: options to end the call, toggle mute, and toggle the loudspeaker.

SMS Notifications:
 • Displays the SMS text and contact photo.
 • Option to reply via SMS.

App Notifications:
 • Displays notifications, from the apps of your choice, on the watch.
 • Fully optimized notifications for specific apps (with more coming), including:
  • Email - Notifications now display the email’s content instead of just displaying “[number of] New Emails”.
  • Hangouts - Notifications now display the message content instead of just displaying “[number of] New Notification(s) from [name]”.
  • WhatsApp - Notifications now display the full message content, even within groups, including the message’s text and image.
 • Customizable notification layouts: choice of colors for the message text and the message background, option to automatically resize the message text based on its length, and more.

Full notification management:
 • Browse through all the previous notifications (SMS and app), with the option to display the most recent ones first or the oldest ones first, search through them by text, and more.

Powerful clock engine which can be set as the watch's lockscreen. Many exclusive features, including:
 • Both Analog and Digital watch faces.
 • Smooth seconds hand with dynamic shadow.
 • Unread notification indicator.
 • Battery, 3G, and Wi-Fi indicators for both the watch AND the phone (with options to display the indicators side by side, or toggle between them by tapping on them.)
 • On Screen Display (OSD) Modules including a stopwatch, timer, day timer, second time, date, next alarm info and more (the OSD is shown/hidden by tapping on the clock.)
 • Option to choose the Font Color with the color picker.
 • Choice of backgrounds.
 • Choice of date formats (Mon. 20 June / 20-06 / 06-20 ...).
 • Choice of hour formats (12H / 24H).
 • Complex animations.

Call Log Sync: Displays the phone’s call log with the option to place a call or send an SMS to anyone on it.

Remote Call: Remotely place a call to one of your contacts, favorites or recently used numbers, or dial a number to call remotely.

Remote SMS: Remotely send an SMS to one of your contacts, favorites or recently used numbers, or input a number to SMS remotely.

Remote App Launch: Remotely launch apps on the phone.

Remote Clipboard: Send content from the phone to the watch’s clipboard.

Remote Media Control: Remotely control the phone’s media player from the watch and see track info.

Find My Phone: Remotely set off the phone’s or watch’s ringer.

Remote Battery info: Displays the remote device’s battery level (with a low battery notification option.)

Remote Lock: Remotely lock the phone from the watch (in case of loss, for example.)

BT Virtual Leash: Automatically lock the phone and display a notification on the watch if the BT connection is lost.

Remote GPS Location: Display the phone’s GPS coordinates on the watch.

Megaphone: Establishes a phone call between both devices and puts the remote on speaker (establishes a communication with people near the remote device, sim watches only.)

Microphone: Establishes a phone call between both devices (enables you to hear what's happening around the remote device, sim watches only.)

Connection methods:

 Direct Bluetooth Connection

 Push Notification - Uses an Internet connection to communicate between the devices.

 SMS - Sends and intercepts SMSs to communicate between the devices.

XDA:DevDB Information
SWApp Link Companion App, App for the Samsung Galaxy Gear

Contributors
cyrilp

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 0.934
Beta Release Date: 2014-04-23

Created 2014-04-23
Last Updated 2014-08-08
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image003.jpg
Views:	2971
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	2703679   Click image for larger version

Name:	image005.jpg
Views:	2892
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	2703680   Click image for larger version

Name:	image004.jpg
Views:	2783
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	2703682   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-11-18-33-13.png
Views:	2752
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	2703683   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-14-21-01-38.png
Views:	2715
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	2703684  

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-21-00-31-11.png
Views:	2668
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	2703685   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-21-00-53-30 320.png
Views:	2744
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	2703689   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-12-19-36-38.png
Views:	2628
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	2703690   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-02-19-12-41.png
Views:	2625
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	2703691   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-12-19-36-30.png
Views:	2583
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	2703692  

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-18-15-28-17.png
Views:	2551
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	2703693   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-18-15-45-18.png
Views:	2503
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	2703694  
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to cyrilp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cyrilp
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 265
Reserved 1

John_wba
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1,011
The gear with Null rom can do most those things anyway? Or am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-G900H using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

h00rj
Old
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
This could be useful for non-touchwiz phones, I suppose.

I may give it a go just to see what it can actually do.

--wait... "need internet connection on the watch" For serious?

lazer9
Old
Thanks Meter 419

DONATE TO ME
A little confused myself. One part says Bluetooth supported and other part acts like both devices need Internet connection as in Gear tethered which drains much more battery on the gear.

I'm not interested in the actual "Notifications" as Gear Manager does this fine for me, otherwise, the other functions listed, GPS, battery status on other device, ect.. Yes, I would be interested but still confused as to my first comment/paragraph above as to how this works.
Verizon Galaxy S4 w/ Safestrap Recovery v3.72 & ★[ROM][AUG 27][AROMA] Hyperdrive KK RLS18.1 ¯`•._ ║ Tweaks ★ w/ NC2 Bootloader -On Stock Side!...

Gear w/ Tizen NE9-Rooted

Asus Transformer TF300T : ROM★★★TF300 KitKat 4.4.4-CROMBi-kk-RC3.1-Sep 7★★★

Lokifish Marz
Old
(Last edited by Lokifish Marz; 23rd April 2014 at 05:13 PM.)
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,276

DONATE TO ME
The internet connection "requirement" is for those smartwatches that do not have working BT, like every one of the Umeox x201 based smartwatches. The internet connection is also for doing things over long distances (think miles).

It does more than just notifications. I'm running Null and have been placing calls and sending texts using the Gear and leaving my Nexus One in my pocket, or the other room, the whole time.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lazer9
Old
(Last edited by lazer9; 23rd April 2014 at 05:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 419

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
The internet connection "requirement" is for those smartwatches that do not have working BT, like every one of the Umeox x201 based smartwatches. The internet connection is also for doing things over long distances (think miles).

It does more than just notifications. I'm running Null and have been placing calls and sending texts using the Gear and leaving my Nexus One in my pocket, or the other room, the whole time.
Hrmmm, Interesting. I'll be having a look at this. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Ok have it installed on my S4. Problem. Can't get it on the Gear. In the Play Store it says not compatible with (gear) device so I can't use chrome extensions downloader either for some reason. And I'm tethered to the gear to access internet thru playstore directly and it's not listing on the gear to download???

Disregard, I got it downloading now with Chrome extensions, will transfer to gear and give it a whirl shortly.

Ok, I set everything up. Selected BT for connection on phone side's app. There is so setting for this on Gear Side's app. Entered devices names, ect... all it does is sit on phone side saying "Connecting". None of the features are doing anything.
Verizon Galaxy S4 w/ Safestrap Recovery v3.72 & ★[ROM][AUG 27][AROMA] Hyperdrive KK RLS18.1 ¯`•._ ║ Tweaks ★ w/ NC2 Bootloader -On Stock Side!...

Gear w/ Tizen NE9-Rooted

cyrilp
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by h00rj View Post
This could be useful for non-touchwiz phones, I suppose.

I may give it a go just to see what it can actually do.

--wait... "need internet connection on the watch" For serious?
this is for using without BT connection (for smartwatches that don't have bluetooth), it's not needed for direct bt connection.

cyrilp
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post

you need to select BT on both the watch and the phone, then it will connect

lazer9
Old
Thanks Meter 419

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrilp View Post
you need to select BT on both the watch and the phone, then it will connect
On the Gear, the settings did not have a place to set a connection type unlike the phone's settings with the app. It started off with email. I even tried to scroll up and down and look all over for the settings for connection on the gear and it certainly wasn't there, at least for me.

Gear w/ Tizen NE9-Rooted