Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 48,317 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Maclaw 10.2 1GHz and wifi

Tip us?

gingystevie
Old
(Last edited by gingystevie; 7th March 2014 at 03:26 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Maclaw 10.2 1GHz and wifi

I was running the lastest build of maclaw's 10.2 from feb 25th but my wifi stopped picking up any signal and when it tries to the cpu is maxed out to 1Ghz.

I've tried the 1ghz bug fixes of turning off wifi and rebooting, changing the scheduler and the governor, They stopped the high cpu usage but i still can't use wifi.

I've tried going back to old versions of the ROM but the problem was still there even after i tried 1Ghz bug fixes again.

when i leave the phone to rest it gets hot (not very hot just hot) and the battery is going down fast! all of which i assume is due to high cpu usage.

Can you help? please?

I would have posted in maclaws thead for the ROM but i don't have enough posts

All help welcome!

Cheers!

mauam
Old
Thanks Meter 6539

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingystevie View Post
I was running the lastest build of maclaw's 10.2 from feb 25th but my wifi stopped picking up any signal and when it tries to the cpu is maxed out to 1Ghz.

I've tried the 1ghz bug fixes of turning off wifi and rebooting, changing the scheduler and the governor, They stopped the high cpu usage but i still can't use wifi.

I've tried going back to old versions of the ROM but the problem was still there even after i tried 1Ghz bug fixes again.

when i leave the phone to rest it gets hot (not very hot just hot) and the battery is going down fast! all of which i assume is due to high cpu usage.

Can you help? please?

I would have posted in maclaws thead for the ROM but i don't have enough posts

All help welcome!

Cheers!

Is the feb 25th build the latest one!? You did all that I would suggest to you, so do a nadroid backup (just in case) & do a clean install or flash the newest cm 10.2 version.
The Following User Says Thank You to mauam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gingystevie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauam View Post

Is the feb 25th build the latest one!? You did all that I would suggest to you, so do a nadroid backup (just in case) & do a clean install or flash the newest cm 10.2 version.
Yep it's the latest build for cyanogenmod 10.2 anyway. I'd rather not do a clean install but if i have to i might just go back to an offical rom or maclaws cyanogenmod 11 but that appears to have the 1Ghz bug too.

Thanks for the reply too!
JackoMJ Old
Thanks Meter

Quote:
Yep it's the latest build for cyanogenmod 10.2 anyway. I'd rather not do a clean install but if i have to i might just go back to an offical rom or maclaws cyanogenmod 11 but that appears to have the 1Ghz bug too.

Thanks for the reply too!

Test THIS PATCH. It should work for 10.2 too.

J.

gingystevie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackoMJ View Post
Test THIS PATCH. It should work for 10.2 too.

J.
The app works to keep the wifi off for restarts and shutdowns(great, Thanks!) but is there anyway i can still use wifi?

mauam
Old
Thanks Meter 6539
Quote:
The app works to keep the wifi off for restarts and shutdowns(great, Thanks!) but is there anyway i can still use wifi?
Can you explain better what you mean!?
JackoMJ Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
but is there anyway i can still use wifi?
i don´t understand...

if you use the patch wifi turns on after a reboot automatically without the 1 GHz bug (as it should be...)
So what´s the problem bud?

gingystevie
Old
(Last edited by gingystevie; 7th March 2014 at 09:36 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauam View Post
Can you explain better what you mean!?
Sorry, The wifi can't detect any signal and while it's turned on the cpu stays at 1ghz

Thats the problem

The app sets it so the wifi is never on after reboot so the cpu usage is fine untill i try turn on the wifi

Is that clear? I'm terrible at explaining things sorry.

I just want my wifi to work so i can connect to a network

mauam
Old
Thanks Meter 6539
Quote:
Sorry, The wifi can't detect any signal and while it's turned on the cpu stays at 1ghz

Thats the problem

The app sets it so the wifi is never on after reboot so the cpu usage is fine untill i try turn on the wifi

Is that clear? I'm terrible at explaining things sorry.
Much better now. Have you read the post above (from Jacko)!?
JackoMJ Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
...The wifi can't detect any signal...
But this problem does not depend on the 1 GHz bug.
Try to reflash the ROM or better flash a better one like this one i use ... (with no wifi problems anytime)

J.