MPJ 4300mAh extended battery mini review

Search This thread

tenderfoots

Mar 31, 2014
Picked up this MPJ out off their website for $17.99 because I CANNOT find it on Amazon.
WHERE I BUY
A backup battery means a lot to me as my Galaxy S5 is running many apps, even though battery life on this phone is already an impressive part. Just received mine with a small bag, unwrapped and put it in. It seems a little larger than stock battery, ensuring a snug fit.

The 2800mAh to 4300mAh bump isn’t there for sure but there is still some increase. I’ll update soon after 2-3 times charging cycles.

DSC_0522_zps69ceffaa.jpg

DSC_0529_zpsf77488ae.jpg

After I fully charged it 3 times, it seemed to do great. This is my moderate to quite heavily day yesterday. With almost same usages (no auto brightness, average web browsing, bunch of streaming videos, texting, calling and etc.), stock downs to 20-30% by the time I went to bed and the new battery I'm at about 45%.

EDIT: Do not expect seeing any dramatic changes. Normally improving 10-15%, and there are several times, depending on my usages, where it up to 15%-20%.

43001_zps078a2dd0.png

43002_zps35b14927.png

6+ hrs on screen is my best by far and this is including 4-5 hrs of idle and light/moderate using, and only 1-2 hrs of heavy browsing, texting, etc. Have been also skeptical and hesitated about whether to pick up this without many reviews but on second thought, I can be the first and share my experience if that’s a real good. YMMV, I am not thinking about if they are spending money on promoting the well-knowness for their company, as far as I can tell, it is working fine on MY GS5.

Last edited:

btort1

Oct 20, 2013
A backup battery means a lot to me as my Galaxy S5 is running many apps, even though battery life on this phone is already an impressive part. Just received mine with a small bag, unwrapped and put it in. It seems a little larger than stock battery, ensuring a snug fit.

DSC_0522_zps69ceffaa.jpg

The 2800mAh to 4300mAh bump isn’t there for sure but there is still some increase. I’ll update soon after 2-3 times charging cycles.

DSC_0529_zpsf77488ae.jpg

Won't this affect the IP67?

benno4403

Apr 16, 2010
#
I'm really interested in a real capacity test of this battery

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

GTsteve

Jan 26, 2011
Interested to see how this battery works For long term use. Wonder if it effects the phone any?

slight22

Aug 24, 2009
You really don't expect those $5 being better than the original one.. do you..? :)

Nope, so I bought 3 of them. at 6 dollars a piece, and no shipping, even if i get one thats semi-decent it's better than no spare are all and I was making my way through a battery and a half per day on my S4.

*UPDATE*

4300 mHa Battery

I'm a very heavy user of my smartphone. When i had my Galaxy S4 i was going through a battery and a half per day. When i saw these batteries i thought i'd give them a try. I though 6 bucks, each, bought 3 of them for the hell of it. So in the old phrase of you get what you pay for is absolutely true in this case.

These batteries even say "Long Lasting High Capacity Li-ion battery" and are a 4300mAh battery, where the stock is 2800mAh. So in theory these batteries are 45% bigger than stock and should give me relatively 45% more time in operation of my smartphone on a single charge.

What it has given me is a great deal less. My S5 on the OEM battery would last from when i unplugged it at 6am to usually 5:30 or 6 at night before I hit the 30% alert. I just checked and my phone is currently 4H 50M 06S in and I am down to 38%. This battery as it sits is a complete waste of money.

Now as they were only 6 bucks each I did buy 3 so I will try the other two over the next couple days but if they are the same, then my suggestion is do not buy this product.

Last edited:
Reactions: torr310

jrubenc

Dec 29, 2012
Barcelona
Nope, so I bought 3 of them. at 6 dollars a piece, and no shipping, even if i get one thats semi-decent it's better than no spare are all and I was making my way through a battery and a half per day on my S4.

Makes sense, yes ;) After all, no matter how advanced the phone is: the more advanced, the more battery eats.

sarou

Oct 20, 2012
Hum... I don't know if this battery i sreally a 4300mah...
Someone test the battery recently ?

Spartagek

Apr 17, 2009
Noord-Brabant
I'm using this "brand" ( well, these printed labels ) since the S1 series.

They may not be the full 3800Mah capacity, but they always give me a full day of operation ( depending on the use offcourse )

I'm not able to test the capacity-claims ( because I don't know how )
All I know is the length of operation.
On the S2 and Note1 the power was slightly smaller, my order is coming in a few days

Will report back

AuGmENTor

Apr 17, 2012
Marlboro NY
I'm using this "brand" ( well, these printed labels ) since the S1 series.

They may not be the full 3800Mah capacity, but they always give me a full day of operation ( depending on the use offcourse )

I'm not able to test the capacity-claims ( because I don't know how )
All I know is the length of operation.
On the S2 and Note1 the power was slightly smaller, my order is coming in a few days

Will report back

I can't wait for ZeroLemon to release theirs. It was worth every millimeter of extra hugeness on my S4.

Reactions: felixthecat

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Picked up this MPJ out off their website for $17.99 because I CANNOT find it on Amazon.
    WHERE I BUY

DSC_0522_zps69ceffaa.jpg

DSC_0529_zpsf77488ae.jpg

After I fully charged it 3 times, it seemed to do great. This is my moderate to quite heavily day yesterday. With almost same usages (no auto brightness, average web browsing, bunch of streaming videos, texting, calling and etc.), stock downs to 20-30% by the time I went to bed and the new battery I'm at about 45%.

EDIT: Do not expect seeing any dramatic changes. Normally improving 10-15%, and there are several times, depending on my usages, where it up to 15%-20%.

43001_zps078a2dd0.png

43002_zps35b14927.png

6+ hrs on screen is my best by far and this is including 4-5 hrs of idle and light/moderate using, and only 1-2 hrs of heavy browsing, texting, etc. Have been also skeptical and hesitated about whether to pick up this without many reviews but on second thought, I can be the first and share my experience if that’s a real good. YMMV, I am not thinking about if they are spending money on promoting the well-knowness for their company, as far as I can tell, it is working fine on MY GS5.
    OP even posted his battery stats.

Have a link? Want to see it next to original battery stats.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Nice source and evidence bro.

There is a limit on Energy density (mAh per cubic mm - http://batteryuniversity.com). It's a hard fact, with technology available today, no one can achieve 60% more capacity in same size.

Small improvements (5-10-15%) can be done, since there are some improved cells appear regularly, and after a device is already released some 3rd party companies can build a better ones with fresher cells.

Anyone claiming +60% capacity in same size is a liar.
    6 hrs on screen is my best by far and this is including 4-5 hrs of idle and light/moderate using, and only 1-2 hrs of heavy browsing, texting, etc. Have been also skeptical and hesitated about whether to pick up this without many reviews but on second thought, I can be the first and share my experience if that’s a real good. YMMV, I am not thinking about if they are spending money on promoting the well-knowness for their company, as far as I can tell, it is working fine on MY GS5.
    my MPJ lost 3% in 35mins idling this morning with no usage

battery is terrible compared the regular one, whoever is saying its better then the original are just lying, was it worth 17 for an emergency battery? maybe but its not as good as the original at all
    I'm not sure I'm following you. You say that it is a common thing for a battery to be advertised as having a ridiculously voluptuous capacity- and still be a good battery?

So you are arguing that because a battery is advertised as extravagant, it is usually rubbish, but in some cases, there can be exceptions. Like the battery acting as the conversation piece of this forum?

You should check some youtube reviews of MPJ batteries lol.
    Even if it isn't 4300mah it somehow *magically* provides an extra 30 or so percent of juice.