As always, this carries a certain amount of risk so by using the guide below you agree not to hold me liable if your device turns into a very expensive paperweight (not at all likely but you have been warned! )
- Windows computer
- You must be on a 4.3.X Jelly Bean (rooted stock or custom ROM)
- You must have Safestrap installed
- UrDroid Stock Rooted KitKat ROM.zip (Odexed or Deodexed) by @carl1961 (everyone go hit his Thanks button!)
- ODIN.zip (download in second post)
- Download ODIN.zip & extract the .zip to your desktop.
- Download UrDroid Stock Rooted KitKat ROM.zip to your internal SD Card by following the download links in the ROM’s original thread (found here).
- Once downloaded, boot into Safestrap.
- *IMPORTANT* Make sure you have deleted any extra ROM Slots you have created and that you have your STOCK slot activated!
- In Safestrap main menu, click on the WIPE button and go ahead and “factory reset” your device (wipe data + cache) like you always do before flashing a ROM.
- Once you have wiped data, navigate back to the INSTALL button in SafeStrap.
- Navigate to the UrDroid ROM.zip that you saved to your SD Card and proceed to flash the ROM to your stock slot.
- Once the ROM has successfully flashed - navigate back to Safestrap menu & choose REBOOT & then DOWNLOAD.
- Your phone will reboot into Download Mode.
- Now, open the file located inside of ODIN.zip labeled “Odin & needed files are here” on your desktop.
- Click on and run Odin3 v3.09.exe.
- On the right hand side of Odin you will see different buttons labeled PIT, BL, AP, CP.
- Click on the PIT button and select HLTE_USA_ATT_32G.pit. Now select BL and choose BL_N900AUCECMGL.tar. Now continue to match AP with the AP file and CP with the CP file.
- Once all 4 files have been inputted into Odin plug in your phone and click START.
- Let Odin finish its magic then reboot your device.
- Welcome to KitKat!!!
- Now that you are on KK you need to sideload Safestrap v3.72.apk and install it to your device.
- Once you’ve installed it go ahead and open it up and INSTALL Safestrap.
- Once you have Safestrap installed it is important to note that you cannot mix Jelly Bean & KitKat ROMs with Safestrap….you must stick to KitKat based ROMs (it is possible this will change in the future...if it does I will update this post!)
- Now that you are running rooted stock KitKat w/Safestrap feel free to flash whatever Custom ROM you'd like to try out!
@carl1961 - thank you for everything you do for the community!