[SS/DS] Deodex 4.3 Firmware on LOCKED BOOTLOADER (NOOB FRIENDLY)

Search This thread

paper13579

Oct 11, 2013
dublin
Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro (Redmi K30 Pro)
Hey guys this is a noob-friendly tutorial on how to deodex stock 4.3 Firmware on a locked bootloader. This tutorial is for windows only, im sorry, that's what i have.

Requirements:
1. A fully rooted xperia M.
2. Busybox installed
3. Winrar
4. A brain
5. Time and patience.

BEFORE WE START, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE INSTALLED BUSYBOX:
1. Go to playstore.
2. Search busybox
3. Download the one by stericsson, not busybox x, not anyother busybox. If you are using busybox x or something else. This app will replace the one you downloaded so do it anyway.
4. Open the app
5. Click normal install
6. After installation, reboot.

PART 1:
Here i will show you how to setup adb as a variable. This is NOT optional.
1. Go to this website: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
2. Scroll down
3. Click download for other platforms.
4. Go to the sdk tools only list and download the zip for windows 32&64 bit. NOT THE EXE, THE ZIP.
5. After downloading is finished, right click on the file and click "extract files..."
6. Click the "C:\" directory and the extract.
6.1. Download this file: http://www.mediafire.com/?d5wj9bslikmf53d
6.2. Extract it into the root of the android-sdk-windows folder, in the "C:\" directory.
7. After thats done, Right click on "Computer" ("my computer" for windows xp)
8. Click "properties"
9. Click on the advanced tab
10. Click environment variables
11. double click on the text entry named "Path" in the lower list box
12. At the end of it, add: ";C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools" (without quotation marks)
13. Click on OK to exit out of the dialog
14. then OK again to get out of My computer's properties
15. Reboot computer.

PART 2:
Here i will show you how to deodex your firmware.
16. For both single sim download this: http://d-h.st/VWr
For C2004 download this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/90qbypc36kde8y9/deodex_c2004_dual.zip
For c2005 download this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mkzfnt05vhwjcta/deodex_c2005__Latest.zip
17. Extract to anywhere, the file for you from the above links.
18. In the extracted folder open system
19. Take both app and framework folders and paste them onto your desktop.
20. Rename the app folder to done_app
21. Rename the framework folder to done_framework.
22. Connect your phone to computer via usb
23. Copy the done_app and done_framework folders to the root of your external sd card. So these files can be found at /ext_card/done_app and /ext_card/done_framework.
24. disconnect phone
25. On phone, go to settings
26. Click developer options
27. Enable usb debugging
28. Click revoke usb debugging authorisation, then ok
29. Connect phone to pc again
30. On pc, Click start
31. Click run
32. Type cmd in the box, then ok
33. A command prompt window should open up.
34. Type adb shell, and hit enter. If it says that your phone is unauthorised, then check your phone, grant the computer permissions to use adb.
35. Type adb shell and hit enter again if you got the unauthorised error. This should start daemon. If you didn't get the unauthorised error, dont type it again.
36. Now type these commands line by line, hitting enter as you type each line, NOT all of them at the one go. Copy and paste would be better than typing them.

su

stop

mount -o rw,remount /system

rm /system/app/*.odex

rm /system/framework/*.odex

cp /ext_card/done_app/* /system/app/

cp /ext_card/done_framework/* /system/framework/

mount -o ro,remount /system

reboot

39. When you're phone reboots itself, you will have a fully deodexed
Stock firmware.

TROUBLESHOOTING (MUST READ THIS!!!!) :
1. If you got an error like system is busy when typing in the second last command, wait a minute then retype it. If it happens again after you retype it then run the STOP command again and retry.
2. If settings app force closes after you deodex, download this on your phone: http://www.mediafire.com/?ygyuln0heu25qb9. Extract it using a file manager. In the extracted folder, open system then app then move all three files there to /system/app overwriting the old settings app. Set all three files' permissions to rw-r-r. Reboot. It should now work fine.
3. If any other of your apps give a force close, then uninstall and reinstall them. This is very unlikely though, none of your apps should give a force close error.

CREDITS: @paper13579 for creating this thread and editing the code a little bit. A big thanks to @gamer649 who showed me the method to deodex. @arshh19 for providing deodexed files for single sim. @stalin.sk2 for providing deodexed files for C2004 and C2005. @ansebovi for creating the moddified settings.apk

Sent from my C2004 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

abuzer3

Feb 24, 2014
thks bro but one Mistake = brick So until ı hava à Lots öf money., i cant RİSK that.
...... Bull**** this SwiftKey Keyboard ı cant close auto Fix.

Sent from my C1905 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

paper13579

Oct 11, 2013
dublin
thks bro but one Mistake = brick So until ı hava à Lots öf money., i cant RİSK that.
...... Bull**** this SwiftKey Keyboard ı cant close auto Fix.

Sent from my C1905 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Bro, i gave you this guide step by step, you don't need to figure anything out yourself. It's all done for you. It works, trust me, i used that exact procedure on my permanently locked bootloader and ut worked. Same for other people

iks8

Nov 18, 2012
Thanks for this thread it's very helpfull but It's not so noob friendly. ADB won't work with your setup guide because adb.exe is placed in different location. In my case proper location is: C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140321\sdk\platform-tools but it's sdk version/os type related.

paper13579

Oct 11, 2013
dublin
Thanks for this thread it's very helpfull but It's not so noob friendly. ADB won't work with your setup guide because adb.exe is placed in different location. In my case proper location is: C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140321\sdk\platform-tools but it's sdk version/os type related.

You downloaded the wrong package
Is you read it properly, you would have realised that this is what i wanted you to download it from here http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html#download. Scroll down. Click download for other platforms. Scroll down to sdk tools only. Click the first windows zip package. It says all of that in the guide

Last edited:
Reactions: iks8

iks8

Nov 18, 2012

krarche

Apr 25, 2014
When i download the zip you said to download, there is no adb in folder \tools, just a txt file saying that adb has been moved to an other directory. Do you have a direct link where i could download the right zip ?

PS : Sorry for my bad english

gamer649

Feb 8, 2013
When i download the zip you said to download, there is no adb in folder \tools, just a txt file saying that adb has been moved to an other directory. Do you have a direct link where i could download the right zip ?

PS : Sorry for my bad english

This is the .zip what you are told to download. I've just had a look in my SDK folder and it is the same, have you got a platform-tools folder?

Last edited:

gamer649

Feb 8, 2013
No, no platform-tools folder

Download the .zip I'm attaching to this post and then extract it in the root of the SDK folder. So you can choose between going to platform-tools and tools. Once you have done that edit the path so instead of it finishing with /tools it will finish with /platform-tools.

Attachments

• platform-tools.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 47
Reactions: krarche

pedroj666

Feb 20, 2013
Lamego
Hey guys this is a noob-friendly tutorial on how to deodex stock 4.3 Firmware on a locked bootloader. This tutorial is for windows only, im sorry, that's what i have.

Requirements:
2. Winrar
3. A brain
4. Time and patience.

PART 1:
2. Scroll down
4. Go to the sdk tools only list and download the zip for windows 32&64 bit. NOT THE EXE, THE ZIP.
5. After downloading is finished, right click on the file and click "extract files..."
6.2. Extract it into the root of the android-sdk-windows folder, in the "C:\" directory.
8. Click "properties"
12. At the end of it, add: ";C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools" (without quotation marks)
15. Reboot computer.

PART 2:
For C2004 download this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/90qbypc36kde8y9/deodex_c2004_dual.zip
For c2005 download this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mkzfnt05vhwjcta/deodex_c2005__Latest.zip
23. Copy the done_app and done_framework folders to the root of your external sd card. So these files can be found at /ext_card/done_app and /ext_card/done_framework.
24. disconnect phone
27. Enable usb debugging
30. On pc, Click start
31. Click run
34. Type adb shell, and hit enter. If it says that your phone is unauthorised, then check your phone, grant the computer permissions to use adb.
35. Type adb shell and hit enter again if you got the unauthorised error. This should start daemon. If you didn't get the unauthorised error, dont type it again.
36. Now type these commands line by line, hitting enter as you type each line, NOT all of them at the one go. Copy and paste would be better than typing them.

Su

Stop

rm /system/app/*.odex

Reboot

Stock firmware.

1. If you got an error like system is busy when typing in the second last command, wait a minute then retype it. If it happens again after you retype it then run the STOP command again and retry.
2. If settings app force closes after you deodex, download this on your phone: http://www.mediafire.com/?ygyuln0heu25qb9. Extract it using a file manager. In the extracted folder, open system then app then move all three files there to /system/app overwriting the old settings app. Set all three files' permissions to rw-r-r. Reboot. It should now work fine.
3. If any other of your apps give a force close, then uninstall and reinstall them. This is very unlikely though, none of your apps should give a force close error.

CREDITS: @paper13579 for creating this thread and editing the code a little bit. A big thanks to @gamer649 who showed me the method to deodex. @arshh19 for providing deodexed files for single sim. @stalin.sk2 for providing deodexed files for C2004 and C2005. @ansebovi for creating the moddified settings.apk

I did as indicated but I'm not getting through the Su command!

Last edited:

paper13579

Oct 11, 2013
dublin
I did everything you say but I'm not getting through the point 30!

I downloaded the SDK Tools Only for other platforms and platform-tools. Unzipped the sdk and moved the "android-sdk-windows" folder to the root of pc c: \.
After that unzipped platform-tools folder and moved into android-sdk-windows.

After that I went to "environment variables" and added the "Path" in the lower box the list you have indicated (C: \ android-sdk-windows \ platform-tools).
did the remaining steps in sony M but when I get to step 30 nothing appears on the pc!

Ok, first of all, don't quote the full thread from he OP. Second, step 30 is telling you to press start. What do you mean y don't know his to get past this step. It's as basic as it can get

Sent from my E15i using xda app-developers app

pedroj666

Feb 20, 2013
Lamego
Ok, first of all, don't quote the full thread from he OP. Second, step 30 is telling you to press start. What do you mean y don't know his to get past this step. It's as basic as it can get

Ya sorry xD!

I have noticed this but now my probelema is not this! I can not run the command Su. Give me the error "not found".

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Requirements:
    2. Busybox installed
    3. Winrar
    4. A brain
    5. Time and patience.

BEFORE WE START, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE INSTALLED BUSYBOX:
    1. Go to playstore.
    2. Search busybox
    3. Download the one by stericsson, not busybox x, not anyother busybox. If you are using busybox x or something else. This app will replace the one you downloaded so do it anyway.
    4. Open the app
    5. Click normal install
    6. After installation, reboot.

PART 1:
    2. Scroll down
    8. Click "properties"
    15. Reboot computer.

PART 2:
    24. disconnect phone
    27. Enable usb debugging
    30. On pc, Click start
    31. Click run

su

stop

rm /system/app/*.odex

reboot

Stock firmware.

That worked ! Thanks for your help :)

Not a problem, I have the entire ADT and SDK so I have every file :p Remember to hit the thanks button for me and paper13579.

You downloaded the wrong package
    Is you read it properly, you would have realised that this is what i wanted you to download it from here http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html#download. Scroll down. Click download for other platforms. Scroll down to sdk tools only. Click the first windows zip package. It says all of that in the guide

No, no platform-tools folder

Download the .zip I'm attaching to this post and then extract it in the root of the SDK folder. So you can choose between going to platform-tools and tools. Once you have done that edit the path so instead of it finishing with /tools it will finish with /platform-tools.
    Ya sorry xD!

I have noticed this but now my probelema is not this! I can not run the command Su. Give me the error "not found".

Ok, you didn't setup adb correctly , when you type adb shell it should start daemon, which it didn't. Tell me aomething, did you put the ";" sign in the path for the environment variables?