Ask a question

No registration required

OTA 4.4.2 Available

OP Spider210

24th April 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23

192 posts
OTA 4.4.2 Available firmware is here downloading now!

http://www.verizonwireless.com/droiddnaupdate/

http://m-support.verizonwireless.com.../droiddna.html

2 part update, first one is small ~5mb second one is 618mb
Last edited by Spider210; 24th April 2014 at 06:09 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spider210 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #2  
Flag XiaMen
Thanks Meter: 13

53 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider210

OTA 4.4.2 Available firmware is here downloading now!

http://www.verizonwireless.com/droiddnaupdate/

http://m-support.verizonwireless.com.../droiddna.html

2 part update, first one is small ~5mb second one is 618mb

can you share the two ota files?
24th April 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 8

73 posts
Yep, confirmed here too. Had checked software update about 30 minutes ago and nothing. Then checked now and it gave some small prep update. That is installing now.

Completely stock here, never rooted or unlocked or anything. Because of that I think my update will be just fine
The Following User Says Thank You to Tersanyus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

192 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tersanyus

Yep, confirmed here too. Had checked software update about 30 minutes ago and nothing. Then checked now and it gave some small prep update. That is installing now.

Completely stock here, never rooted or unlocked or anything. Because of that I think my update will be just fine

You should have unlocked s-off cause the update says blocks rumrunner security off as a 'bug fix'
24th April 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

192 posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodman_east

can you share the two ota files?

Already almost finished installing otherwise I would have grabbed them, i'm sure someone will be kind enough to grab them and upload them
The Following User Says Thank You to Spider210 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #6  
Beating up dumbbells
Thanks Meter: 608

1,974 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider210

You should have unlocked s-off cause the update says blocks rumrunner security off as a 'bug fix'

He can be our guinea pig and see if firewater still works on the new update.
24th April 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #7  
Flag Milton
Thanks Meter: 7

112 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangechoochoo

He can be our guinea pig and see if firewater still works on the new update.

How would I install thus if I am unlocked anf s-off with twrp installed?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
24th April 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 8

73 posts
I don't think I'm going to do anything to this phone. I know it's odd that someone on XDA doesn't root or unlock or anything like that. I actually learned a hard lesson with the DNA. When I got it in early 2013 I bricked it. It could have been hardware related too. The display did funky things. It was replaced under warranty.

I used the replacement for some time before I sold it off then moved on to other phones. Back in January I saw on for sale on Craigslist. I bought it for like $60 but it was a bit beat up. Small crack on the top right of the screen and scratches everywhere. Now my DNA is mostly a spare phone.

What I find funny is the DNA now has KitKat and my primary phone is a Verizon Note 3 and it doesn't yet have KitKat officially. I did take the "leak" of KitKat and it is great. That's as close to any hacking I have done in ages. Probably should not have taken that leak for the Note 3 but too late.

My DNA is still installing the update. May try rooting but would rather not brick this phone.
24th April 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #9  
Beating up dumbbells
Thanks Meter: 608

1,974 posts
At least you need to be on the stock recovery and ROM, I'm not sure if being s-on is required.

Give it some time, someone will post the new radio, hboot, and rom.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Quote:

I don't think I'm going to do anything to this phone. I know it's odd that someone on XDA doesn't root or unlock or anything like that. I actually learned a hard lesson with the DNA. When I got it in early 2013 I bricked it. It could have been hardware related too. The display did funky things. It was replaced under warranty.

I used the replacement for some time before I sold it off then moved on to other phones. Back in January I saw on for sale on Craigslist. I bought it for like $60 but it was a bit beat up. Small crack on the top right of the screen and scratches everywhere. Now my DNA is mostly a spare phone.

What I find funny is the DNA now has KitKat and my primary phone is a Verizon Note 3 and it doesn't yet have KitKat officially. I did take the "leak" of KitKat and it is great. That's as close to any hacking I have done in ages. Probably should not have taken that leak for the Note 3 but too late.

My DNA is still installing the update. May try rooting but would rather not brick this phone.

The leaked kk update for the Note3 looks friendly

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/and...e-3-again.html
24th April 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #10  
Flag Denton, TX
Thanks Meter: 42

354 posts
More
I'm not on stock recovery. Perhaps I'll wait.

EDIT:
The heck with it. I reflashed stock recovery using fastboot. I'll give it shot.
Last edited by Drunkula; 24th April 2014 at 08:20 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread