Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,543 Members 37,340 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OTA 4.4.2 Available

Tip us?
 
Spider210
Old
(Last edited by Spider210; 24th April 2014 at 05:09 PM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 183
Join Date: Sep 2010
Default OTA 4.4.2 Available

OTA 4.4.2 Available firmware is here downloading now!

http://www.verizonwireless.com/droiddnaupdate/

http://m-support.verizonwireless.com.../droiddna.html

2 part update, first one is small ~5mb second one is 618mb
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spider210 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
goodman_east
Old
#2  
goodman_east's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 53
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: XiaMen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider210 View Post
OTA 4.4.2 Available firmware is here downloading now!

http://www.verizonwireless.com/droiddnaupdate/

http://m-support.verizonwireless.com.../droiddna.html

2 part update, first one is small ~5mb second one is 618mb
can you share the two ota files?
 
Tersanyus
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 71
Join Date: Oct 2010
Yep, confirmed here too. Had checked software update about 30 minutes ago and nothing. Then checked now and it gave some small prep update. That is installing now.

Completely stock here, never rooted or unlocked or anything. Because of that I think my update will be just fine
The Following User Says Thank You to Tersanyus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Spider210
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 183
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tersanyus View Post
Yep, confirmed here too. Had checked software update about 30 minutes ago and nothing. Then checked now and it gave some small prep update. That is installing now.

Completely stock here, never rooted or unlocked or anything. Because of that I think my update will be just fine
You should have unlocked s-off cause the update says blocks rumrunner security off as a 'bug fix'
 
Spider210
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 183
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tersanyus View Post
Yep, confirmed here too. Had checked software update about 30 minutes ago and nothing. Then checked now and it gave some small prep update. That is installing now.

Completely stock here, never rooted or unlocked or anything. Because of that I think my update will be just fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodman_east View Post
can you share the two ota files?
Already almost finished installing otherwise I would have grabbed them, i'm sure someone will be kind enough to grab them and upload them
The Following User Says Thank You to Spider210 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
orangechoochoo
Old
#6  
orangechoochoo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 594
Posts: 1,951
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Beating up dumbbells
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider210 View Post
You should have unlocked s-off cause the update says blocks rumrunner security off as a 'bug fix'
He can be our guinea pig and see if firewater still works on the new update.
 
pcwizkid1994
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 86
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Milton
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangechoochoo View Post
He can be our guinea pig and see if firewater still works on the new update.
How would I install thus if I am unlocked anf s-off with twrp installed?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Tersanyus
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 71
Join Date: Oct 2010
I don't think I'm going to do anything to this phone. I know it's odd that someone on XDA doesn't root or unlock or anything like that. I actually learned a hard lesson with the DNA. When I got it in early 2013 I bricked it. It could have been hardware related too. The display did funky things. It was replaced under warranty.

I used the replacement for some time before I sold it off then moved on to other phones. Back in January I saw on for sale on Craigslist. I bought it for like $60 but it was a bit beat up. Small crack on the top right of the screen and scratches everywhere. Now my DNA is mostly a spare phone.

What I find funny is the DNA now has KitKat and my primary phone is a Verizon Note 3 and it doesn't yet have KitKat officially. I did take the "leak" of KitKat and it is great. That's as close to any hacking I have done in ages. Probably should not have taken that leak for the Note 3 but too late.

My DNA is still installing the update. May try rooting but would rather not brick this phone.
 
orangechoochoo
Old
#9  
orangechoochoo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 594
Posts: 1,951
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Beating up dumbbells
At least you need to be on the stock recovery and ROM, I'm not sure if being s-on is required.

Give it some time, someone will post the new radio, hboot, and rom.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tersanyus View Post
I don't think I'm going to do anything to this phone. I know it's odd that someone on XDA doesn't root or unlock or anything like that. I actually learned a hard lesson with the DNA. When I got it in early 2013 I bricked it. It could have been hardware related too. The display did funky things. It was replaced under warranty.

I used the replacement for some time before I sold it off then moved on to other phones. Back in January I saw on for sale on Craigslist. I bought it for like $60 but it was a bit beat up. Small crack on the top right of the screen and scratches everywhere. Now my DNA is mostly a spare phone.

What I find funny is the DNA now has KitKat and my primary phone is a Verizon Note 3 and it doesn't yet have KitKat officially. I did take the "leak" of KitKat and it is great. That's as close to any hacking I have done in ages. Probably should not have taken that leak for the Note 3 but too late.

My DNA is still installing the update. May try rooting but would rather not brick this phone.
The leaked kk update for the Note3 looks friendly

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/and...e-3-again.html
 
Drunkula
Old
(Last edited by Drunkula; 24th April 2014 at 07:20 PM.)
#10  
Drunkula's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 42
Posts: 331
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Denton, TX
I'm not on stock recovery. Perhaps I'll wait.

EDIT:
The heck with it. I reflashed stock recovery using fastboot. I'll give it shot.
HTC Droid DNA
Motorola Droid RAZR xt912, stock [retired}

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes