25th April 2014, 10:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 13

19 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi everyone,

as I was looking through a Catlog log, I found the need to see it colored for easier distinguishing between different kinds of logs and even filter out some of the types. Surprisingly, I couldn't find any tools using google that do that (only direct ADB logcats, which was inconvinient for me as I didn't have a cable at the time, but I imagine lots of people use Catlog to send logs to developers). I quickly threw up something to help me with that. As it was a really a sidenote in my task it expects a Catlog logcat and nothing different and will just be dumb when something different is presented. It's also very not optimized, but it still works quick enough. It's (at least not currently) a storage tool, you just paste the unfiltered, unformatted Catlog logcat into the box and press the button to get a formatted and filtered (if neccesary) logcat. You can also easily highlight the whole formatted and filtered logcat afterwards by using the link next to the button so you can copy and paste it easily to somewhere more useful if need be (I don't recommend Word though since it will run spell-checking and freak out at the number of errors )
I don't know if anyone will find it useful, but I thought I'd share. If people find it useful, I'll continue to work on it, maybe add filters like by a word or where the log comes from or parse other types of logs, etc... In the meantime, here's what I got:

http://www.bikonja.com/LogcatViewer

It's purely Javascript (with jQuery) and CSS based so it's even easy to pick up the source and modify (I've conviniently put all the CSS and JS within the div with the id "content".

Let me know if anyone actually uses it and if you have any feature requests.
Last edited by Bikonja; 25th April 2014 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Added explanation about (currently at least) not being a storage tool
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bikonja For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th May 2014, 06:33 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
Thumbs up Wonderful job! But still have bug to be fixed!
This is really convenient form ROM developers, thanks for you hard work! But after I post my logcat there(it's about 13033 lines), then I click the "Display new logcat" button, I found that not all the logs are displayed below. So I think may be you should also use a textarea tag to display the results that you have converted!
The Following User Says Thank You to HansonZhang For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th May 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Zagreb

19 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansonZhang

This is really convenient form ROM developers, thanks for you hard work! But after I post my logcat there(it's about 13033 lines), then I click the "Display new logcat" button, I found that not all the logs are displayed below. So I think may be you should also use a textarea tag to display the results that you have converted!

I am glad that you find it useful!
I have added an error log beneath the formatted/filtered logcat so you know exactly which rows (both by index and content) have not been parsed (since it was a FAST piece of work, I heavily rely on the CatLog syntax which does mean that even a tiny space in the wrong place could set off an error.

As I said previously, if people actually do find this tool useful, I will try to find time to implement whatever you need and of course, fix whatever bugs you encounter! So if you use this tool and have problems or suggestions, shoot
8th July 2014, 08:56 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 186

449 posts
I like this one, but the website could not pharse some rows of my pasted logcat, why is that ?
8th July 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Zagreb

19 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidShift79

I like this one, but the website could not pharse some rows of my pasted logcat, why is that ?

I'm glad you like it. The whole thing was just a whim I decided to act on and was done in a very short time so I cut a lot of corners, that's probably why some rows were not parsed. If you could send me the rows that couldn't be parsed I'll see why they weren't and fix it.
The parser is currently very specific about what it accepts since, as I said it was a very fast whim, but if people turn out to actually like, use and need this tool, I'm open to suggestions and I'll continue to improve it to the point at which everyone will be happy
So please, suggest away and let me know what exactly you need, I'll cover it as soon as I can!
Last edited by Bikonja; 9th July 2014 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Added quote of post this post is related to.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread