Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,386 Members 51,541 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Update to KitKat from rooted LS980

Tip us?

bhratashri
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Update to KitKat from rooted LS980

I have a Sprint LG G2 (LS980). Current rom version is ls980zva. I want to update to Kitkat, but the software update options stays on "waiting for download" and never actually downloads the ls980zvc rom.
Not sure if this is because I rooted. I did remove some bloats after rooting which I restored but still the download does not work.
I am not using this phone in the US, so there is no sprint service available. But I am able to download and browse stuff on the phone from my current providers service.

Any help or suggestions? Thanks!

Robisgnarly
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhratashri View Post
I have a Sprint LG G2 (LS980). Current rom version is ls980zva. I want to update to Kitkat, but the software update options stays on "waiting for download" and never actually downloads the ls980zvc rom.
Not sure if this is because I rooted. I did remove some bloats after rooting which I restored but still the download does not work.
I am not using this phone in the US, so there is no sprint service available. But I am able to download and browse stuff on the phone from my current providers service.

Any help or suggestions? Thanks!

best bet to get 4.4.2 is to run the zvc .tot. fast and easy than ioroot 25 gets root back just as quick and painless
The Following User Says Thank You to Robisgnarly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bhratashri
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robisgnarly View Post
best bet to get 4.4.2 is to run the zvc .tot. fast and easy than ioroot 25 gets root back just as quick and painless
Yep. I ended up flashing to stock and then flashing to LS980ZVC. Works fine now!