Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 49,743 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint LG G2 Boot looping

Tip us?

vixman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Sprint LG G2 Boot looping

hello,

This morning i was using my phone like every day, but i notice that i had no signal so i decided to restart the phone. When it restarted out of nowhere the phone started to boot loop.. i didnt do anything for it to start doing that.. after a long while trying to fix it i gave up and got into recovery and decided to clean install the rom. It did install but after 1 minute of being on the screen it would boot loop.. I download it the same rom and installed it and still kept doing the same thing.. i had a back up so i decided to install it which i did but again after 40 seconds of start up it would boot loop.. finally, i decided to use the LG Flash tool TWICE and it did work but again after a little while the phone turns off and on.. idk what lese to do??? any ideas?

mmeidl78
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Check if it displays your IMEI in the Settings. If not you should check if you've got a EFS Backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixman View Post
hello,

This morning i was using my phone like every day, but i notice that i had no signal so i decided to restart the phone. When it restarted out of nowhere the phone started to boot loop.. i didnt do anything for it to start doing that.. after a long while trying to fix it i gave up and got into recovery and decided to clean install the rom. It did install but after 1 minute of being on the screen it would boot loop.. I download it the same rom and installed it and still kept doing the same thing.. i had a back up so i decided to install it which i did but again after 40 seconds of start up it would boot loop.. finally, i decided to use the LG Flash tool TWICE and it did work but again after a little while the phone turns off and on.. idk what lese to do??? any ideas?

vixman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeidl78 View Post
Check if it displays your IMEI in the Settings. If not you should check if you've got a EFS Backup.
I already checked and everything says unknown. I do not have any type of backup! is there something i can do?

mmeidl78
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Congratulations! Now your on the same step as I am. Don't know how to fix this without a EFS Backup.

Quote:
I already checked and everything says unknown. I do not have any type of backup! is there something i can do?

vixman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Congratulations! Now your on the same step as I am. Don't know how to fix this without a EFS Backup.
OHH wow!! so im basically stock with a brand new phone that boots on and off ..Wow.. well if you ever find an answer can you please share it with me!!! thank you in advance.

I have no idea what kind of backup you are talking about but could we use it from another G2?

mmeidl78
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Maybe this will help you find out what a EFS-Backup is:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451390

I've seen the question somewhere else (to use a backup from another g2) and they said, that it will boot but don't login into the network, cause you'll get a IMEI with 00000 or something like this.

Don't know a answer. I think I must send my G2 to LG and pay a lot of money IF they'll fix it.

Quote:
OHH wow!! so im basically stock with a brand new phone that boots on and off ..Wow.. well if you ever find an answer can you please share it with me!!! thank you in advance.

I have no idea what kind of backup you are talking about but could we use it from another G2?

vixman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Maybe this will help you find out what a EFS-Backup is:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451390

I've seen the question somewhere else (to use a backup from another g2) and they said, that it will boot but don't login into the network, cause you'll get a IMEI with 00000 or something like this.

Don't know a answer. I think I must send my G2 to LG and pay a lot of money IF they'll fix it.
OHH i see what you mean... I have added EFS backup to the IOroot scripts so that everyone that roots will have a copy of their EFS partitions on the computer you run IOroot from. Regardless, this current thread will still be a good "heads up" and an alternative for those who insist on using other shady root methods or for those who just want another way to back things up.

I did use IOroot, does that mean that if i connect it to the computer and try to root it again it would fix it? you think???

mmeidl78
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
OHH i see what you mean... I have added EFS backup to the IOroot scripts so that everyone that roots will have a copy of their EFS partitions on the computer you run IOroot from. Regardless, this current thread will still be a good "heads up" and an alternative for those who insist on using other shady root methods or for those who just want another way to back things up.

I did use IOroot, does that mean that if i connect it to the computer and try to root it again it would fix it? you think???
In the Thread is a step-by-step tutorial how to restore EFS-Files. Make a Backup of these 2 files before you root your phone again! Don't know, if those 2 files got overwritten (maybe with the damaged data) when you root your phone again.

vixman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Fixed my phone

Quote:
In the Thread is a step-by-step tutorial how to restore EFS-Files. Make a Backup of these 2 files before you root your phone again! Don't know, if those 2 files got overwritten (maybe with the damaged data) when you root your phone again.
Well just wanted to let you know that i sent my phone to LG for them to fix it. They didnt charge me and all they did was re-flash the rom. if you havent fixed it you should try sending it to them.