[Q] Recent convert to Android from Apple, Think I bricked my SII, please help

Search This thread

H4ifisch

Apr 23, 2014
Atlanta
I am new to android.. Long time Apple user, My parents each gave me their old android phones when they upgraded; Motorolla Droid 4 and Samsung GSII Skyrocket. Anyway, I messed up the skyrocket using odin, now I cannot turn the phone on, I cant go into recovery mode or download mode. I have the proper drivers, when I plug it into the computer, and go to devices, it shows it as an unspecifed device called "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM3)" Prior to that, it was referred to as "QHSUSB DLOAD" in device manager, but I go those drivers. Now Odin will see it, the left box goes yellow and its called "0:[COM3]" and the log says "added" I make the proper settings and set pda to a recovery ROM, hit start and it gets stuck:
"<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection.."
And then wont do anything more. Ive tried everything I have read in these forums, with no luck. I know it is bricked, but ANY advice on maybe an alternative way to get into the download or recovery mode would be appreciated. Ive had much better success with the droid 4, it's running a couple of ROMs. And I will be getting an S5 next week for my birthday... so I need to make sure I am on the up and up with Odin flashing.

rpr69

Dec 21, 2011
Brampton
What did you do with Odin specifically? It's very easy to do the wrong thing, either mess up the partitions or flash a ROM not meant for the phone. If you did that, the only fix is JTAG, search the forums here for how to go about that.