Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,845 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

FInd 7a - battery drain and solution thread

Tip us?

marianoitalianoo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Default FInd 7a - battery drain and solution thread

Hi

I have received the Find 7a . Tho only issue I have with that is the huge battery drain when off ( even with data and wifi off )

Therefore I want to create a thread where we can share the solutions for this battery drain issue.

PS: I am running ColorOS 2.0 beta

cheers
me
The Following User Says Thank You to marianoitalianoo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

migueldias94
Old
(Last edited by migueldias94; 13th May 2014 at 12:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
I dont understand why people keep complaining about the battery. I use my 7a a lot and the battery lasts me just fine and I have Wi-Fi and GPS always on.

Sent from my X9006 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

seanpr123
Old
Thanks Meter 94
It's a known issue, I'm actually in a pilot group with a product manager and developer using a new firmware based on 1.2 that seems to help.
In the meantime, change the lockscreen from Colorlock as that has been known to hold a wakelock and disable Google's location services.

After I did that on 1.2 or 2.0 beta my drain shot down to .5%/hr.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seanpr123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MrColdbird
Old
Thanks Meter 313
I too am part of said pilot group that Sean mentioned and can confirm that a more battery saving firmware is in the works.

Give oppo some time to work the issue out, it's starting to look better.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrColdbird For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

barraclough0205
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrColdbird View Post
I too am part of said pilot group that Sean mentioned and can confirm that a more battery saving firmware is in the works.

Give oppo some time to work the issue out, it's starting to look better.
how would one get in on this testing ?

seanpr123
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by barraclough0205 View Post
how would one get in on this testing ?
Head over to oppoforums.com and message Addel or Zeus and they will add you to the conversation.
The Following User Says Thank You to seanpr123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marianoitalianoo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpr123 View Post
It's a known issue, I'm actually in a pilot group with a product manager and developer using a new firmware based on 1.2 that seems to help.
In the meantime, change the lockscreen from Colorlock as that has been known to hold a wakelock and disable Google's location services.

After I did that on 1.2 or 2.0 beta my drain shot down to .5%/hr.
yep, that do the trick. Also I rooted, and froze some crappy apps like Oppo Launcher ..etc. Fully charged before bed time, and I woke up still 100%

thank you !

betold
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by marianoitalianoo View Post
yep, that do the trick. Also I rooted, and froze some crappy apps like Oppo Launcher ..etc. Fully charged before bed time, and I woke up still 100%

thank you !
Did you froze those apps using Titanium Backup? Or how did you do it?

Thanks!

B1nny
Old
Thanks Meter 548

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by betold View Post
Did you froze those apps using Titanium Backup? Or how did you do it?

Thanks!
Freezing applications/disabling them is basically the same as removing them, except that they still take up space on the system. You can freeze applications using Titanium Backup as you said and if you have root of course. If you want to completely remove the applications you should get a file explorer that can request root permissions, then look for the applications you want to remove, these can usually be found in "/system/app/" or "/system/priv-app/". You can also remove them using adb, this is a little more complicated though, if you want to do it this way I'd recommend you to Google it. Be careful when removing files from the system though, as you may run into some weird situations, you can always make a backup of course. (when restoring back-upped files, remember to set the correct permissions)

"However, if you put any trust in Benchmark Scores you could use them
to prove that dancing naked for 5 minutes in your garden affects device performance" - Chainfire
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B1nny For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marianoitalianoo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
enabling google location services do not have impact on standby battery drain, seems changing the lock screen and freezing default launcher (I use Nova) helped

cheers