Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 47,220 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Oppo Find 7a - Builds affected by the Yellow Tint

Tip us?

mulkman
Old
(Last edited by mulkman; 15th June 2014 at 01:51 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Oppo Find 7a - Builds affected by the Yellow Tint

** Oppo Find 7 Yellow Tint (towards the bottom edge of the phones screen) **

Oppo China have made an official statement over customer concerns that the screen on the Find 7 and Find 7a has a yellowing issue.

Customers in China have been complaining to Oppo about yellowing Oppo Find 7 screens for weeks and now with many customers complaining that the issues are due to faults in the phone, Oppo have finally made an official statement concerning the matter.

According to Oppo their are two issues which are concerning Oppo Find 7 owners. The first is that many owners of the Find 7a have found the screen to appear more yellow along the bottom edge of the phone. Oppo claim the reason for this is due to more intense light in this area meaning the light does not display uniformly across the panel and are offering to test (and if necessary) replace phones.

The second issue affects the Oppo Find 7 (2K model) with customers complaining that the colours on the screen are more yellow and less realistic than those on the Find 7a. Oppo have said that they have released a software update which fixes this.

Those of you that seem to be affected by this issue.
Do go about posting the build date of your phone, so we can repository on which builds are affected
HTC ONE X - Waiting for S-OFF
ROM: 1.29.161.13 | HBOOT: STOCK | Recovery: STOCK | Radio: STOCK | Kernel: Stock

HTC Sensation (Z710e) - Debranded SOLD

Gaming Machine - i7 System
CPU: Intel i7 2600K @4.6GHz | Cooler: Noctua D14 | Mobo: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe | RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8GB | Video: eVGA GTX 570 Superclocked |
Case: Corsair 650D | Display: Samsung XL2370HD
The Following User Says Thank You to mulkman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tropical cactus
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulkman View Post
** Oppo Find 7 Yellow Tint (towards the bottom edge of the phones screen) **

Oppo China have made an official statement over customer concerns that the screen on the Find 7 and Find 7a has a yellowing issue.

Customers in China have been complaining to Oppo about yellowing Oppo Find 7 screens for weeks and now with many customers complaining that the issues are due to faults in the phone, Oppo have finally made an official statement concerning the matter.

According to Oppo their are two issues which are concerning Oppo Find 7 owners. The first is that many owners of the Find 7a have found the screen to appear more yellow along the bottom edge of the phone. Oppo claim the reason for this is due to more intense light in this area meaning the light does not display uniformly across the panel and are offering to test (and if necessary) replace phones.

The second issue affects the Oppo Find 7 (2K model) with customers complaining that the colours on the screen are more yellow and less realistic than those on the Find 7a. Oppo have said that they have released a software update which fixes this.

Those of you that seem to be affected by this issue.
Do go about posting the build date of your phone, so we can repository on which builds are affected
More power to Oppo.

I don't have the yellow tint issue but very happy that Oppo is listening. Makes my job recommending this phone to friends a lot easier. My only bug is the touch sensitivity of the keyboard input. Getting a llot of double letters.

mulkman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical cactus View Post
More power to Oppo.

I don't have the yellow tint issue but very happy that Oppo is listening. Makes my job recommending this phone to friends a lot easier. My only bug is the touch sensitivity of the keyboard input. Getting a llot of double letters.
I really do hope they sort out all the bugs. This will be the next device I go out and purchase. It's a great device, especially with the 3000mah battery.

7A for me. All the those extra pixels will eat up my battery
ROM: 1.29.161.13 | HBOOT: STOCK | Recovery: STOCK | Radio: STOCK | Kernel: Stock

CPU: Intel i7 2600K @4.6GHz | Cooler: Noctua D14 | Mobo: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe | RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8GB | Video: eVGA GTX 570 Superclocked |

tropical cactus
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
I really do hope they sort out all the bugs. This will be the next device I go out and purchase. It's a great device, especially with the 3000mah battery.

7A for me. All the those extra pixels will eat up my battery
Agree. The only thing I'll be replacing is the battery, once everything settles. The 7a is truly a remarkable phone. And this is coming from an ex HTC fanboy.

mulkman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Agree. The only thing I'll be replacing is the battery, once everything settles. The 7a is truly a remarkable phone. And this is coming from an ex HTC fanboy.
Agreed.
The 7A costs around 330 which is a bargain compaired to the s5 and HTC one M8 500+

The oneplus one is almost impossible to buy right now. The speakers on the device have been described as weak, and low.

As a brand I would rather trust oppo

The Following User Says Thank You to mulkman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tropical cactus
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
Agreed.
The 7A costs around 330 which is a bargain compaired to the s5 and HTC one M8 500+

The oneplus one is almost impossible to buy right now. The speakers on the device have been described as weak, and low.

As a brand I would rather trust oppo
HTC can take a running jump, as far as I'm concerned. I'm tired of being an apologist for their ultra pixel nonsense.

mulkman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
HTC can take a running jump, as far as I'm concerned. I'm tired of being an apologist for their ultra pixel nonsense.
Agreed. They should have learnt the first time.
Ultra pixel flopped badly, no way in the 21st century will a 4mp camera beat 12mp camera.

HTC Sensation purchased - one month later (WiFi death grip reported)

HTC one X purchased after a year - same again later reported to have the same WiFi issue.

Cursed.

MadMungo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Silly question I know but where do I find the build date of my phone?
Also do oppo use seperate batch numbers and if so where do I find it.

tropical cactus
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMungo View Post
Silly question I know but where do I find the build date of my phone?
Also do oppo use seperate batch numbers and if so where do I find it.
Back of the box.

MadMungo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
OK build date is 2014.03.22. Above that is 0604D.