[Q] [q] Camera failed i9500 - revisited (help)
May I have your attention please.
Greeting to all who may be concerned or able to fix camera failed issue on Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 !!!
I know that there are other threads with similar topic, but I think we should recindle this issue as serious problem.
The story goes:
I bought slightly used S4 i9500 phone with no guarantee. It worked fine, was taking pictures and all. Splendid.
It was on some stock firmware. Some german version I think.
Then crappy and useles bloatware began to bother me. Just mountains of really crappy and uselles meaningless bloatware.
I wanted to remove that horses*it apps and therefore I rooted the phone flashing adam kernel and cofface cwm.
One lovely day i tried to take photo, camera opened with black window and showed camera failed notification with persistancy.
i flashed some newer stock firmware, it opened and was taking pictures till i tried some camera modes (action or something) and it froze with pink screen.
After that event, nothing was helpfull to fix this problem.
1. I flashed countles stock roms, nearly all available custom roms, new and old (think over 20 flashes).
2. Prior to flashing I did: Wiping dalvik, system, data, cache, preload, or full wipe, hard resets, wiping sdcard and external card.
3. Tried also nand erase (it took some time to revive phone afterwards).
4. Tried solutions like clear camera cache and data.
5. Tried turning off phone, taking battery out for some time, with full recharge,
6. Tried non stock camera apps. (e.g. camera fx, camera mx..)
7. Tried removing camera app by deleting it with titanium backup, or with root exploer - then installing it back to system apps with root explorer.
8. Tried switching sd cards- 8gb, 16, 32, 64 gb, no card, and tried settings without saving pics to sd card but internal storage.
9. Tried turning off gps, and location services
10. Tried limiting processes to 4 only.
11. Tried flashing with odin, or via cwm cofface or philz.
12. I opened phone with screwdriver to check for posible visible faults or something - all ok.
13. Flashed official firmware claimed to solve camera problems.
Maybe something more i did?- i cant remember, if i do i will notify about it.
And I ordered camera module from internet, will try to replace it - we will se what happens.
In the meantime, if someone, some wise one, genious or ordinary person, knows how to fix this persisting problem PLEASE HELP!
You will help me, and help others that have this problem.
Samsung officials, if you somehow should read this, take this into consideration. There are many eyes upon you. Provide solution for this.
Any one - SOS