Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 38,644 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best way to find carrier

Tip us?

caseyatbt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Default Best way to find carrier

I want to try out a few PrePaid MVNO's to find one that works best for my area. I have been with Sprint and it is pretty good in my area. We got 4G up and going a few months back, but I have been curious if any others are better. My thought was to try out one at a time. I am trying to figure out the best way to do this. Can I just buy 30 days of each one and see how they perform? It sounds like to try the different networks I could use Straight talk for AT&T and T-Mobile and Ting for Sprint. Am I able to buy 30 days and not cause any problems?
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Sprint - fre3 Hybrid De[Odex] v2.17
Moto X Developer Edition - Verizon- Unlocked and rooted

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 - CivZ-FLEX-BEAM-REV3.6.2

Samsung Galaxy S Player 4.0 Rooted CM10 Jellybean 4.1.2
Samsung Galaxy S Player 3.6 Rooted
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Sprint - SlimKAT 4.4.2 Build 5 Stable

prsterero
Old
Thanks Meter 593
Probably won't be long until this thread is locked since it has nothing to do with the device. It's not really the place to be asking how to find a carrier.

prshosting.org

caseyatbt
Old
(Last edited by caseyatbt; 25th April 2014 at 04:14 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Ok, Go ahead and lock it. I didn't think of it that way. I was just thinking since this is such a versatile phone it allows you to check more carriers than you can on other phones.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Sprint - fre3 Hybrid De[Odex] v2.17
Moto X Developer Edition - Verizon- Unlocked and rooted

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 - CivZ-FLEX-BEAM-REV3.6.2

Samsung Galaxy S Player 4.0 Rooted CM10 Jellybean 4.1.2
Samsung Galaxy S Player 3.6 Rooted
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Sprint - SlimKAT 4.4.2 Build 5 Stable

prsterero
Old
Thanks Meter 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyatbt View Post
Ok, Go ahead and lock it. I didn't think of it that way. I was just thinking since this is such a versatile phone it allows you to check more carriers than you can on other phones.
No worries. I wasn't trying to be rude or anything, it's just what I've noticed with all the locked threads here. Either it's a duplicate, comparison, or a general question that doesn't tie directly into the device.

prshosting.org

Lokke9191
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyatbt View Post
I want to try out a few PrePaid MVNO's to find one that works best for my area. I have been with Sprint and it is pretty good in my area. We got 4G up and going a few months back, but I have been curious if any others are better. My thought was to try out one at a time. I am trying to figure out the best way to do this. Can I just buy 30 days of each one and see how they perform? It sounds like to try the different networks I could use Straight talk for AT&T and T-Mobile and Ting for Sprint. Am I able to buy 30 days and not cause any problems?
You shouldn't have a problem trying out different mvnos for 30 days at a time. Just pop in different Sims and change the apns, and you're good to go.