Stock on hboot1.56 Security Warning!

OP Wally72

25th April 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag York, Pa
Thanks Meter: 820

1,234 posts
More
Hello. I was on TMO 4.4.2 S-On unlocked bootloader. I wanted to downgrade to 4.3 so I downloaded the RUU for TMO. Then I re-locked bootloader and tried to run the RUU with no lock "ERROR 155". I searched for the KK RUU but isn't available. Now I'm stock at the bootloader with the "SYSTEM WARNING". Can someone please tell me how I can either get to downgrade with the 4.3 RUU or how to get my device up and running?

TIA
25th April 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #2  
Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 36

140 posts
Unlock your bootloader again if you locked it, then use fastboot to flash a custom recovery like TWRP 2.7.0.0.
Once you have the recovery installed you can flash a ROM by either side loading it or use a handy USB OTG adapter and a flash drive. There are many guides available that cover all of this already online. Just curious, are you S-OFF?
The Following User Says Thank You to synt3k For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 07:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag York, Pa

1,234 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by synt3k

Unlock your bootloader again if you locked it, then use fastboot to flash a custom recovery like TWRP 2.7.0.0.
Once you have the recovery installed you can flash a ROM by either side loading it or use a handy USB OTG adapter and a flash drive. There are many guides available that cover all of this already online. Just curious, are you S-OFF?

S-on. Could I use the same unlock code.bin?
25th April 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #4  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 105

459 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally72

Hello. I was on TMO 4.4.2 S-On unlocked bootloader. I wanted to downgrade to 4.3 so I downloaded the RUU for TMO. Then I re-locked bootloader and tried to run the RUU with no lock "ERROR 155". I searched for the KK RUU but isn't available. Now I'm stock at the bootloader with the "SYSTEM WARNING". Can someone please tell me how I can either get to downgrade with the 4.3 RUU or how to get my device up and running?

TIA

1) Downgrade requires S-OFF. You cannot flash an RUU for a lower firmware if ur S-ON
2) Instead of going through the ugly RUU process (meaningless), you can just install a 4.3-based ROM. Unlock your bootloader. Flash TWRP 2.6.3.3 using fastboot. Then, adb sideload Android Revolution HD 31.6 (4.3) to ur phone and flash in TWRP.

At the end, ARHD rom is basically stock ROM with more tweaks. So, installing a ROM is better than the headache of an RUU

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally72

S-on. Could I use the same unlock code.bin?

Yes, the same unlock code.bin can be used
The Following User Says Thank You to raghav kapur For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag York, Pa

1,234 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav kapur

1) Downgrade requires S-OFF. You cannot flash an RUU for a lower firmware if ur S-ON
2) Instead of going through the ugly RUU process (meaningless), you can just install a 4.3-based ROM. Unlock your bootloader. Flash TWRP 2.6.3.3 using fastboot. Then, adb sideload Android Revolution HD 31.6 (4.3) to ur phone and flash in TWRP.

At the end, ARHD rom is basically stock ROM with more tweaks. So, installing a ROM is better than the headache of an RUU

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Yes, the same unlock code.bin can be used

Thank you for your help. I'm up and running!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread