FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][Saves Battery] Snapdragon™ BatteryGuru

206 posts
Thanks Meter: 206
 
By MahaDEVELOPER, Senior Member on 16th January 2014, 06:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm just sharing this app for people who don't know about it. You do not need root, it manages your app refresh rates and turns off mobile data when idle.

Link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...snapdragon.app

NOTE:
I have not made this app.

Press Thanks if i have Helped!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MahaDEVELOPER For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MahaDEVELOPER Ad-Free
 
 
16th January 2014, 07:24 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Thanks man!

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app
16th January 2014, 08:24 PM |#3  
bprzybytkowski's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MahaDEVELOPER

I'm just sharing this app for people who don't know about it. You do not need root, it manages your app refresh rates and turns off mobile data when idle.


NOTE:
I have not made this app.

Press Thanks if i have Helped!

I'v been using it for about a week. Continuously waking up the phone for sensing and checking apps and options was draining more battery than actual saving it. I wouldn't reccommend it at all.

Classic solutions like Greenify + Wakelock Detector work way better IMO.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bprzybytkowski For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bprzybytkowski Ad-Free
16th January 2014, 08:33 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 144
 
More
I am yet unsure to how much does this improve the battery life, I've been using it for a month and giving it time to check. Although my device doesn't come out of deep sleep with it running, I kinda feel the battery drains a bit faster. Can't say that for sure but thats what I am feeling.

I will keep it up-to-date with you. Just did a full charge on airplane mode and I will be monitoring everything.
16th January 2014, 09:28 PM |#5  
MahaDEVELOPER's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 206
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bprzybytkowski

I'v been using it for about a week. Continuously waking up the phone for sensing and checking apps and options was draining more battery than actual saving it. I wouldn't reccommend it at all.

Classic solutions like Greenify + Wakelock Detector work way better IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogeriorp

I am yet unsure to how much does this improve the battery life, I've been using it for a month and giving it time to check. Although my device doesn't come out of deep sleep with it running, I kinda feel the battery drains a bit faster. Can't say that for sure but thats what I am feeling.

I will keep it up-to-date with you. Just did a full charge on airplane mode and I will be monitoring everything.

I'm telling you guys from my experience i have seen better battery, also MAKE SURE you go through the settings because there are settings such as WIFI Management (Automatically enables and disables WIFI during your day) which i dont need/use.
Also enable your Inactivity Power Boost option via your settings.

Press Thanks if i have Helped.
17th January 2014, 01:36 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Venezia
Thanks Meter: 708
 
More
Good to know i ll try
22nd January 2014, 12:32 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 166
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by denzel09

Good to know i ll try

Thanks for sharing...
23rd January 2014, 08:05 PM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
I've found it helpful but to be honest it wasn't a massive improvement, I found far better results when using Greenify.

Sent from my GT_I9205 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
29th April 2014, 10:38 AM |#9  
senthilrameshjv's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 243
 
More
Even I got massive battery drain. I wasn't using my phone at all. And in half an hour it reduced from 91-86 percent. Data/Wifi/Sync and everything off. Wake lock detector shows Battery guru woke the CPU most number of times.

I've tried this earlier and uninstalled it. I'm giving it another try. Its in learning process now. Let me see how it goes after two days.
1st May 2014, 08:29 AM |#10  
unrafa's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Galicia
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
So when you change your habits it will drain battery again; why bother?

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk
3rd May 2014, 08:05 AM |#11  
Semseddin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 570
 
More
I used it for about a week but decided to uninstall cause it always requires location services to run. I couldnt notice a difference as well. Grenify ftw!

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes