Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,008 Members 51,790 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Chase Bank mobile app issues?

Tip us?

allthemalarkey19
Old
(Last edited by allthemalarkey19; 24th April 2014 at 08:05 PM.) Reason: changing icon
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q] Chase Bank mobile app issues?

After rooting my device, unlocking the bootloader, and doing s-off, the Chase mobile app wouldn't let me use QuickDeposit. Whenever I clicked on "Take Picture," it'd send me back to the home screen of the app. I downloaded the RootCloak module thinking it was probably an issue with the Chase app not working properly on rooted devices, but that didn't do anything.

I decided to unroot my phone and lock my bootloader to see if that'd work, and well, now it works. If it works now, is there a reason the RootCloak module didn't do anything? Did the locked bootloader have anything to do with it possibly (something that maybe RootCloak can't hide to apps?).

Has anyone else had the same issue on their rooted device, and is there a solution to making QuickDeposit work on a rooted phone that I don't know about?

bakemcbride21
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by allthemalarkey19 View Post
After rooting my device, unlocking the bootloader, and doing s-off, the Chase mobile app wouldn't let me use QuickDeposit. Whenever I clicked on "Take Picture," it'd send me back to the home screen of the app. I downloaded the RootCloak module thinking it was probably an issue with the Chase app not working properly on rooted devices, but that didn't do anything.

I decided to unroot my phone and lock my bootloader to see if that'd work, and well, now it works. If it works now, is there a reason the RootCloak module didn't do anything? Did the locked bootloader have anything to do with it possibly (something that maybe RootCloak can't hide to apps?).

Has anyone else had the same issue on their rooted device, and is there a solution to making QuickDeposit work on a rooted phone that I don't know about?
Hmmm...interesting....My Check/Mobile Deposit for PNC works on my M8 (S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted)....but I can certainly see a banking app running those checks to ensure the phone is secured as possible in order for it to be allowed to perform banking tasks.

Unfortunately I can't assist as I do not bank with Chase to verify the issue you are having.

meteron
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:

I have Chase. It has to be something other than root/unlock/S-Off... or if it is because of that, it is specific to the M8.
I have had Chase with a rooted HTC Evo (S-off), Thunderbolt (S-Off), Razr Maxx (rooted only), Razr Maxx HD (and the HD got unlocked before I switched phones), Droid DNA (S-off I believe, definitely rooted), Galaxy S4 (rooted and unlocked, then just rooted when my original phone died and was stuck with a new phone with a locked boot loader), and currently using a Note 3 (rooted) and I have no issues doing a quick deposit (The Galaxy line had a bug but has since been fixed, unrelated to root). The M8 I had (and is now on the second line of my account) is rooted but I am unsure if a check deposit has been attempted on it.
So I am 100% sure it is not because of the root/unlock/S-Off, BUT, it might be something to do with a new check that HTC does. Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

allthemalarkey19
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by meteron View Post
I have Chase. It has to be something other than root/unlock/S-Off... or if it is because of that, it is specific to the M8.
I have had Chase with a rooted HTC Evo (S-off), Thunderbolt (S-Off), Razr Maxx (rooted only), Razr Maxx HD (and the HD got unlocked before I switched phones), Droid DNA (S-off I believe, definitely rooted), Galaxy S4 (rooted and unlocked, then just rooted when my original phone died and was stuck with a new phone with a locked boot loader), and currently using a Note 3 (rooted) and I have no issues doing a quick deposit (The Galaxy line had a bug but has since been fixed, unrelated to root). The M8 I had (and is now on the second line of my account) is rooted but I am unsure if a check deposit has been attempted on it.
So I am 100% sure it is not because of the root/unlock/S-Off, BUT, it might be something to do with a new check that HTC does. Sorry I cannot be more helpful.
Hmm interesting. Would there be any way you could try it on the M8 that's on the second line of your account? You don't even have to have a check to deposit, you just have to click the "Take Picture" button on the QuickDeposit screen and see what happens. I'm going to try re-rooting my phone in a little bit to see if maybe it'll work this time.

wtoj34
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Root cloak xposed module.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
If I help any one any where at any time, please let me know by clicking thanks!
Current devices: HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Xoom Former devices: Droid X2, Droid Charge, Note 2,

meteron
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Hmm interesting. Would there be any way you could try it on the M8 that's on the second line of your account? You don't even have to have a check to deposit, you just have to click the "Take Picture" button on the QuickDeposit screen and see what happens. I'm going to try re-rooting my phone in a little bit to see if maybe it'll work this time.
Are you on 1.55.605.2? I believe that is the latest OTA. (?)

allthemalarkey19
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Are you on 1.55.605.2? I believe that is the latest OTA. (?)
Yep, I just updated to that yesterday.

meteron
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Yep, I just updated to that yesterday.
Well hmmmm. On the latest with the M8 here. Rooted. S-On. Picture taking works.

allthemalarkey19
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Well hmmmm. On the latest with the M8 here. Rooted. S-On. Picture taking works.
Hmm...for a second I thought it might've been S-Off that was causing it to not work for me, but it's working for me right now and I'm unrooted S-Off.

meteron
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Hmm...for a second I thought it might've been S-Off that was causing it to not work for me, but it's working for me right now and I'm unrooted S-Off.
And when you re-root it stops working again??