Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

Post [Q] Chase Bank mobile app issues?

OP allthemalarkey19

24th April 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
More
After rooting my device, unlocking the bootloader, and doing s-off, the Chase mobile app wouldn't let me use QuickDeposit. Whenever I clicked on "Take Picture," it'd send me back to the home screen of the app. I downloaded the RootCloak module thinking it was probably an issue with the Chase app not working properly on rooted devices, but that didn't do anything.

I decided to unroot my phone and lock my bootloader to see if that'd work, and well, now it works. If it works now, is there a reason the RootCloak module didn't do anything? Did the locked bootloader have anything to do with it possibly (something that maybe RootCloak can't hide to apps?).

Has anyone else had the same issue on their rooted device, and is there a solution to making QuickDeposit work on a rooted phone that I don't know about?
Last edited by allthemalarkey19; 24th April 2014 at 08:05 PM. Reason: changing icon
24th April 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 101

463 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by allthemalarkey19

After rooting my device, unlocking the bootloader, and doing s-off, the Chase mobile app wouldn't let me use QuickDeposit. Whenever I clicked on "Take Picture," it'd send me back to the home screen of the app. I downloaded the RootCloak module thinking it was probably an issue with the Chase app not working properly on rooted devices, but that didn't do anything.

I decided to unroot my phone and lock my bootloader to see if that'd work, and well, now it works. If it works now, is there a reason the RootCloak module didn't do anything? Did the locked bootloader have anything to do with it possibly (something that maybe RootCloak can't hide to apps?).

Has anyone else had the same issue on their rooted device, and is there a solution to making QuickDeposit work on a rooted phone that I don't know about?

Hmmm...interesting....My Check/Mobile Deposit for PNC works on my M8 (S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted)....but I can certainly see a banking app running those checks to ensure the phone is secured as possible in order for it to be allowed to perform banking tasks.

Unfortunately I can't assist as I do not bank with Chase to verify the issue you are having.
24th April 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #3  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 6

52 posts
More
Quote:

I have Chase. It has to be something other than root/unlock/S-Off... or if it is because of that, it is specific to the M8.
I have had Chase with a rooted HTC Evo (S-off), Thunderbolt (S-Off), Razr Maxx (rooted only), Razr Maxx HD (and the HD got unlocked before I switched phones), Droid DNA (S-off I believe, definitely rooted), Galaxy S4 (rooted and unlocked, then just rooted when my original phone died and was stuck with a new phone with a locked boot loader), and currently using a Note 3 (rooted) and I have no issues doing a quick deposit (The Galaxy line had a bug but has since been fixed, unrelated to root). The M8 I had (and is now on the second line of my account) is rooted but I am unsure if a check deposit has been attempted on it.
So I am 100% sure it is not because of the root/unlock/S-Off, BUT, it might be something to do with a new check that HTC does. Sorry I cannot be more helpful.
24th April 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meteron

I have Chase. It has to be something other than root/unlock/S-Off... or if it is because of that, it is specific to the M8.
I have had Chase with a rooted HTC Evo (S-off), Thunderbolt (S-Off), Razr Maxx (rooted only), Razr Maxx HD (and the HD got unlocked before I switched phones), Droid DNA (S-off I believe, definitely rooted), Galaxy S4 (rooted and unlocked, then just rooted when my original phone died and was stuck with a new phone with a locked boot loader), and currently using a Note 3 (rooted) and I have no issues doing a quick deposit (The Galaxy line had a bug but has since been fixed, unrelated to root). The M8 I had (and is now on the second line of my account) is rooted but I am unsure if a check deposit has been attempted on it.
So I am 100% sure it is not because of the root/unlock/S-Off, BUT, it might be something to do with a new check that HTC does. Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

Hmm interesting. Would there be any way you could try it on the M8 that's on the second line of your account? You don't even have to have a check to deposit, you just have to click the "Take Picture" button on the QuickDeposit screen and see what happens. I'm going to try re-rooting my phone in a little bit to see if maybe it'll work this time.
24th April 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #5  
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 151

613 posts
More
Root cloak xposed module.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
24th April 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #6  
Chicago

52 posts
More
Quote:

Hmm interesting. Would there be any way you could try it on the M8 that's on the second line of your account? You don't even have to have a check to deposit, you just have to click the "Take Picture" button on the QuickDeposit screen and see what happens. I'm going to try re-rooting my phone in a little bit to see if maybe it'll work this time.

Are you on 1.55.605.2? I believe that is the latest OTA. (?)
24th April 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
More
Quote:

Are you on 1.55.605.2? I believe that is the latest OTA. (?)

Yep, I just updated to that yesterday.
24th April 2014, 08:54 PM   |  #8  
Chicago

52 posts
More
Quote:

Yep, I just updated to that yesterday.

Well hmmmm. On the latest with the M8 here. Rooted. S-On. Picture taking works.
24th April 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
More
Quote:

Well hmmmm. On the latest with the M8 here. Rooted. S-On. Picture taking works.

Hmm...for a second I thought it might've been S-Off that was causing it to not work for me, but it's working for me right now and I'm unrooted S-Off.
24th April 2014, 09:05 PM   |  #10  
Chicago

52 posts
More
Quote:

Hmm...for a second I thought it might've been S-Off that was causing it to not work for me, but it's working for me right now and I'm unrooted S-Off.

And when you re-root it stops working again??

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread