FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Some Noob questions

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Andruid1968, Junior Member on 19th March 2014, 04:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ok, sorry to post such rudimentary questions, but here goes.

My phone is a Chinese LTE, the SM-N9008V. It has been updated to 4.3 There is little to no information available about it that I can find so I find myself asking these questions here.

I have flashed with Chainfire's CF-AutoRoot with success albeit KNOX 1X0. SuperSU is installed as well as Flashify. That's about as far as I got.

I don't care about knox really so all's good in the hood where that's concerned.

I want a custom recovery, and I know CWM from my Note 2 but I am having trouble figuring out which one to use. In one of the threads about CWM it says not to use CWM if you root with Chainfire's method. I don't know if it means don't use it period or don't flash CWM through AutoRoot (not sure if that's even possible.)

So, my question is can I use CWM, and if I can, would someone be so kind as to point out to my stoopid nooB a$$ which one I should be using?

Also, would you recommend unrooting, installing KK and then re-rooting and THEN doing the CWM+custom rom thing?

Help. Thanks.

Kudo's to Chainfire for making a such an easy to use (even for a nooB) process to root with.

19th March 2014, 09:46 AM |#2  
Flag Edinburgh
Thanks Meter: 5

More
This thread should hopefully help
I had trouble installing due to the bootloader, then found out there was a specific version needed to work with that bootloader. This thread should point you in the right direction.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2454079
29th April 2014, 09:48 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
N9008V - Philz Touch + CM11
UsePhilz Touch 6.04.1 for N9008V... can't post the link though...
I am a newbie...got the link for CM11 for N9008V as well...maybe I can PM in the future...
Found them on Chinese websites..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andruid1968

Ok, sorry to post such rudimentary questions, but here goes.

My phone is a Chinese LTE, the SM-N9008V. It has been updated to 4.3 There is little to no information available about it that I can find so I find myself asking these questions here.

I have flashed with Chainfire's CF-AutoRoot with success albeit KNOX 1X0. SuperSU is installed as well as Flashify. That's about as far as I got.

I don't care about knox really so all's good in the hood where that's concerned.

I want a custom recovery, and I know CWM from my Note 2 but I am having trouble figuring out which one to use. In one of the threads about CWM it says not to use CWM if you root with Chainfire's method. I don't know if it means don't use it period or don't flash CWM through AutoRoot (not sure if that's even possible.)

So, my question is can I use CWM, and if I can, would someone be so kind as to point out to my stoopid nooB a$$ which one I should be using?

Also, would you recommend unrooting, installing KK and then re-rooting and THEN doing the CWM+custom rom thing?

Help. Thanks.

Kudo's to Chainfire for making a such an easy to use (even for a nooB) process to root with.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)