Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

SM-N900 RAM Usage

28th April 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

57 posts
Hi All

I have an SM-N900 (exynos variant) running 4.4.2 XXUDNB2.

I am usually never bothered about the RAM usage even if it shows very high value regularly. While typing this msg I checked and it was 2.37 out of 2.66. I trust android itself to do the necessary memory management !!!

What I have been seeing recently is this :

Dolphin is trying to load a page... maybe lots of pic nd all.... while doing this if I try to bring down the notification bar, ir does come down but gets stuck on the way.... similarly if I try to scroll the page it gets stuck while doing it.... essentially it is not at all smooth...

Now, if I just launch the task manager, clear some memory and retry, everything works smoothly...

The Note 3 is supposed to be a beast.... when the beast stutters in front of my friends its rather annoying/embarrassing at times !!!

Anyone seeing something similar ?
29th April 2014, 12:04 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

28 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanzlavos

Hi All

I have an SM-N900 (exynos variant) running 4.4.2 XXUDNB2.

I am usually never bothered about the RAM usage even if it shows very high value regularly. While typing this msg I checked and it was 2.37 out of 2.66. I trust android itself to do the necessary memory management !!!

What I have been seeing recently is this :

Dolphin is trying to load a page... maybe lots of pic nd all.... while doing this if I try to bring down the notification bar, ir does come down but gets stuck on the way.... similarly if I try to scroll the page it gets stuck while doing it.... essentially it is not at all smooth...

Now, if I just launch the task manager, clear some memory and retry, everything works smoothly...

The Note 3 is supposed to be a beast.... when the beast stutters in front of my friends its rather annoying/embarrassing at times !!!

Anyone seeing something similar ?

Well just remeber that your phone its like a pc, if your running several apps on the background the system will run of memory for other apps, its try android manage memory and all but if it doesnt have free memory to load up an app, it will close some to free ram and that will cause lag on the phone, my recomendation is to look on the running apps tab and check witch apps at runing and close/froze the ones that u dont use to clear up some ram, im usually at 600 free ram all the time, if i clear ram i get almost 1gb free. so you should check what apps are messing with you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread