Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,368 Members 51,023 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SM-N900 RAM Usage

Tip us?

stanzlavos
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default SM-N900 RAM Usage

Hi All

I have an SM-N900 (exynos variant) running 4.4.2 XXUDNB2.

I am usually never bothered about the RAM usage even if it shows very high value regularly. While typing this msg I checked and it was 2.37 out of 2.66. I trust android itself to do the necessary memory management !!!

What I have been seeing recently is this :

Dolphin is trying to load a page... maybe lots of pic nd all.... while doing this if I try to bring down the notification bar, ir does come down but gets stuck on the way.... similarly if I try to scroll the page it gets stuck while doing it.... essentially it is not at all smooth...

Now, if I just launch the task manager, clear some memory and retry, everything works smoothly...

The Note 3 is supposed to be a beast.... when the beast stutters in front of my friends its rather annoying/embarrassing at times !!!

Anyone seeing something similar ?

sFranKv
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanzlavos View Post
Hi All

I have an SM-N900 (exynos variant) running 4.4.2 XXUDNB2.

I am usually never bothered about the RAM usage even if it shows very high value regularly. While typing this msg I checked and it was 2.37 out of 2.66. I trust android itself to do the necessary memory management !!!

What I have been seeing recently is this :

Dolphin is trying to load a page... maybe lots of pic nd all.... while doing this if I try to bring down the notification bar, ir does come down but gets stuck on the way.... similarly if I try to scroll the page it gets stuck while doing it.... essentially it is not at all smooth...

Now, if I just launch the task manager, clear some memory and retry, everything works smoothly...

The Note 3 is supposed to be a beast.... when the beast stutters in front of my friends its rather annoying/embarrassing at times !!!

Anyone seeing something similar ?
Well just remeber that your phone its like a pc, if your running several apps on the background the system will run of memory for other apps, its try android manage memory and all but if it doesnt have free memory to load up an app, it will close some to free ram and that will cause lag on the phone, my recomendation is to look on the running apps tab and check witch apps at runing and close/froze the ones that u dont use to clear up some ram, im usually at 600 free ram all the time, if i clear ram i get almost 1gb free. so you should check what apps are messing with you.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Proud Owner