Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Uninstalled google search on stock rooted Rom - now having issues - help!

OP captainreynolds

25th April 2014, 05:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 84

643 posts
More
Hey everyone,

I uninstalled Google Search (google now) because I couldn't click on any of the settings on my stock, s-off, rooted and unlocked rom with flar2's kernel. I had a titanium backup of it, but restoring just the backup without any of the data did not work. Nor did restoring the app+data.

I reinstalled the application on the play store, but now I am having force close issues when I try to open it from anywhere. I know the original name of the application on our phones is Velvet.apk, but I can't recall if it was in system/app or system/priv-app. Does anyone know? If you could look and tell me, I would put the titanium backup apk into that folder and then install from there to see if that fixes the problem.

Please please please help! Google now is a huge part of my phone experience. It's really annoying because even after uninstalling it and reinstalling it from the play store, I still could not click on any settings. So stupid.
27th April 2014, 01:46 AM   |  #2  
SF, CA - NYC
Thanks Meter: 355

896 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainreynolds

Hey everyone,

I uninstalled Google Search (google now) because I couldn't click on any of the settings on my stock, s-off, rooted and unlocked rom with flar2's kernel. I had a titanium backup of it, but restoring just the backup without any of the data did not work. Nor did restoring the app+data.

I reinstalled the application on the play store, but now I am having force close issues when I try to open it from anywhere. I know the original name of the application on our phones is Velvet.apk, but I can't recall if it was in system/app or system/priv-app. Does anyone know? If you could look and tell me, I would put the titanium backup apk into that folder and then install from there to see if that fixes the problem.

Please please please help! Google now is a huge part of my phone experience. It's really annoying because even after uninstalling it and reinstalling it from the play store, I still could not click on any settings. So stupid.

It's in priv-app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread