Originally Posted by Gamerz_04
S5830i and s5830 are different
s5830 roms can brick s5830i.
Sorry for my bad engllish xD
^^ What he said.
As I understand it
, the "i" version has the following differences (and probably more):
- It's chipset is totally different so using S5830 firmware / roms etc WILL
cause problems, probably bricking (or so it's been said many times). The non "i" has the Qualcomm MSM7227 and the "i" model uses the Broadcom BCM21553
- It's cpu is different (Armv6 @ 832mhz) vs 800mhz for the non "i".
- Contrary to common belief, it DOES have a gpu (onboard the cpu die)
- The "i" model runs bluetooth v3, not 2.1 as with the non "i" version
- Judging by the specs available on the web, it has SLIGHTLY more ram (about 5mb)
- It has updated firmware / battery life / cpu usage improvements blah blah blah
I've read many threads where S5830 owners have flashed with S5830i firmware etc and have bricked their phone right off the bat.
They're basically the same phones, but also totally different on the insides.