Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more
Post Reply

Info Can't read/show sim card !

OP SadHeroXIII

18th August 2012, 05:40 AM   |  #1  
SadHeroXIII's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Qatif
Thanks Meter: 43
 
209 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
hello,
My Galaxy Ace gt-s5830i can't access sim card !
this happened after i install an another rom on it, and now I return into the official rom that I have,
but the problem does't solve !
I can't see/import/export sim card " it's ok on other phone and there is no problem with sim "
I need to fix that as soon as possible ( in a few hours if it can be "
18th August 2012, 09:52 AM   |  #2  
GermainZ's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Team
Thanks Meter: 6,740
 
5,686 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadHeroXIII

hello,
My Galaxy Ace gt-s5830i can't access sim card !
this happened after i install an another rom on it, and now I return into the official rom that I have,
but the problem does't solve !
I can't see/import/export sim card " it's ok on other phone and there is no problem with sim "
I need to fix that as soon as possible ( in a few hours if it can be "

Is the problem with contacts on the sim card, or are you not detecting it at all (no carrier)?
If it's just the contacts, it's related to the kernel you're using (rafael burgis' kernel). Just save your contacts to your google account instead.
28th August 2012, 02:32 PM   |  #3  
SadHeroXIII's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Qatif
Thanks Meter: 43
 
209 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermainZ

Is the problem with contacts on the sim card, or are you not detecting it at all (no carrier)?
If it's just the contacts, it's related to the kernel you're using (rafael burgis' kernel). Just save your contacts to your google account instead.

hello thanks for reply ^_^
the only way to solve this problem was to reinstall the official rom !!
of course after that I restore everything and there is no problem, but I don't know why !!
30th August 2012, 06:27 AM   |  #4  
domnic79's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Panaji
Thanks Meter: 889
 
1,367 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadHeroXIII

hello thanks for reply ^_^
the only way to solve this problem was to reinstall the official rom !!
of course after that I restore everything and there is no problem, but I don't know why !!

Its d bug in d kernel. If u flash any custom rom u wil face d problem again coz all roms hv rafael's kernel. So before u flash a custom rom, make a backup on sd card or google account.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using xda premium
30th August 2012, 01:52 PM   |  #5  
SadHeroXIII's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Qatif
Thanks Meter: 43
 
209 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by domnic79

Its d bug in d kernel. If u flash any custom rom u wil face d problem again coz all roms hv rafael's kernel. So before u flash a custom rom, make a backup on sd card or google account.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using xda premium

I think it's possible to install the official kirnal on custom roms, isn't?
if I can do that without any bugs, I hope someone give us the official kirnal that can we install it
30th August 2012, 08:36 PM   |  #6  
domnic79's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Panaji
Thanks Meter: 889
 
1,367 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadHeroXIII

I think it's possible to install the official kirnal on custom roms, isn't?
if I can do that without any bugs, I hope someone give us the official kirnal that can we install it

Yes, bt no one hv extracted d stock kernel. U wil hv to wait til sumbody extract it. I wil try if i hv time.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using xda premium
30th August 2012, 09:01 PM   |  #7  
cooperke's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
159 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by domnic79

Yes, bt no one hv extracted d stock kernel. U wil hv to wait til sumbody extract it. I wil try if i hv time.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using xda premium

I extracted stock boot.img from xxlh2 to flash trough CWM. Rafael edited it for me. so credits goes to him.
Attached Files
File Type: zip stock_xxlh2_boot.img.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.45 MB, 680 views)
Last edited by cooperke; 31st August 2012 at 02:41 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cooperke For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Thumbs up Installing original stock kernel for SIM contacts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperke

I extracted stock boot.img from xxlh2 to flash trough CWM. Rafael edited it for me. so credits goes to him.

Yippie. This method worked for me. i can see my SIM contacts now. Thanks dudees

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes