How do you use HTC Speak?

OP mentallo

24th April 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 49

237 posts
More
I just flashed HTC Speak for the Viper rom. Now what? I don't see an app anywhere? How do you use this?

Sent from HTC One M8 with an app
25th April 2014, 05:54 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

39 posts
More
I believe it's used with the car app. If you invoke the car app, then tap on the screen with 3 fingers it will bring up this utility. It's the same thing as the google's search widget if you tap on the microphone. I don't know if one is better than the other.
I also thought there was a way to activate it from the lock screen by swiping from the top, but I cannot seem to get this gesture to work under ViperOne.
26th April 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 6

116 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddousa

I believe it's used with the car app. If you invoke the car app, then tap on the screen with 3 fingers it will bring up this utility. It's the same thing as the google's search widget if you tap on the microphone. I don't know if one is better than the other.
I also thought there was a way to activate it from the lock screen by swiping from the top, but I cannot seem to get this gesture to work under ViperOne.

Its a downward swipe while the screen is off, and its for Voice Dialing (no search/other functions)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread