Ask a question

No registration required

Question Android on Nokia N9?

OP Timmac

26th October 2011, 06:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

54 posts
So the Nokia N9 is a beautiful peace of kit and Meego looks nice, but how much better would some ice cream sandwich be on that thing?

How hackable will the N9 be? I guess the main thing is, will anyone have one? Seeing as its not being released in a lot of places I can see it being hard to get a hold of...
26th October 2011, 08:21 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I think that the nokia n9 is a nice phone and I do not understand why nokia do not use Android for its smartphone
27th October 2011, 03:57 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 87

451 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by St3fanSlk

I think that the nokia n9 is a nice phone and I do not understand why nokia do not use Android for its smartphone

It's simple, because Nokia has chosen Windows Phone as it main mobile OS.

As to why Nokia pick Windows over Android, it's simple too. Microsoft needs a great hardware partner to win, and Nokia needs a decent OS to survive. They need each other, and this situation gave Nokia lot of say and control in their hardware and future Windows Phone development. While Android is great, Android doesn't need Nokia and Nokia wouldn't stand a chance in the already super crowded Android ecosystem.

But anyway, the N9/Lumia800 is definitely the most beautiful smartphone I have seen in the last few years. The button-less N9 makes an ideal candidate for ICS. However, it's too expensive at the moment...
1st November 2011, 04:18 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 41

376 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsekh501

But anyway, the N9/Lumia800 is definitely the most beautiful smartphone I have seen in the last few years. The button-less N9 makes an ideal candidate for ICS. However, it's too expensive at the moment...

I already own what for me is the most beautiful Android phone - Xperia Arc. Just bought N9 yesterday as I couldn't resist not owning such a beautiful loooooking device that is also getting rave reviews.

N9 is just not a good looking device, it feels so f'in right in the hand. The screen, the feel all feel perfectly balanced. It makes my Arc look like a POS. While I love MeeGo so far, I still have lot of learning but frankly, Android messed me up so much that I feel it's hard to survive with other mobile OS if you know to use Android well.

I hope some genius out there can get ICS running on this beauty. Or, I hope Samsung shamelessly copies Nokia design as they are famous copy-cats!
2nd November 2011, 03:49 AM   |  #5  
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 82

249 posts
More
yeah, when i saw buttonless n9 i immediately think about ics, they are perfect for each orthers, i used to be nokia fan, hope sone dev can make isc run on n9
2nd November 2011, 04:12 AM   |  #6  
Flag New Jersey---Dont Judge!
Thanks Meter: 51

870 posts
More
Nokia e7 is my dream machine. With android of course. Or w7 so It can get eventually get android

Sent from my Defy. Using XDA App.
4th November 2011, 09:52 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 10

91 posts
I would be down for a Nokia N9 if there was a crew like CM that would try to port android on to it. By realistically I don't think that will happen, phone's not available in the US, CAN, or UK. And getting it off ebay is roughly $650, but I just might get it, sigh...
9th November 2011, 06:32 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 3

102 posts
After reading up on the N9 I couldn't resist and got one. I had the Sony Arc as well and I been with Nokia until they messed up with the n97. But the N9 is another monster, really sleek design the OS is beautiful and colors on the screen really jumps. The black color looks really vivid and nice. I am now waiting for someone to hack android or can port android apps to the N9.
20th November 2011, 05:48 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1

66 posts
I would buy an n9 if someone ported ICS... just too nice a piece of kit to not own
22nd November 2011, 10:01 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
Def a pretty phone. Android should really be present.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, ice cream sandwich, meego, nokia, nokia n9
Previous Thread Next Thread