Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,523 Members 50,408 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Rezound replacement options for one handed users
stick with Rezound 4 23.53%
Sony xperia z1s/mini 2 11.76%
other 11 64.71%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] What future phones could replace your rezound?

Tip us?

civicsr2cool
Old
(Last edited by civicsr2cool; 28th December 2013 at 02:17 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Battery Low [Q] What future phones could replace your rezound?

I am curious what phones y'all think could replace your rezound!

As of now there isn't much better on the one handed market than the Rezound, I specifically to Verizon for it and its a two year old device!

I am a one handed/one thumbed user and hate these huge 5+ inch screen flagship phones, and all of the current smaller phones are watered down and/or have no external storage.

edit: just found a 32gb version of the moto x. although thats not enough space for me I could make it work once the device gets cheaper.

Uzephi
Old
Thanks Meter 324

DONATE TO ME
I got my DNA given to me. It is right at 5" though. I do use one hand on it. It is thinner than my Rezzy. Downside is no SD slot, but you can always use the OTG capabilities of the phone.

Size out of the mix, the newer phones are way snappier and have extremely longer battery life. I would be lucky to have 2.5hrs screen time with my Rez, the DNA gets between 3.5-4.5hrs screen time. The phones that came out this year I have seen some get over 5-6hrs.

Sent from my DNA using my mind.

jax187
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I moved to the HTC one and couldn't be happier. 4.7" screen seems to be perfect for me. After the bionic I wrote Motorola off.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

ghostt021
Old
Thanks Meter 1445
Ordered my moto x on 12/24 thru moto maker. After playing with it in the store and the $150.00 discount thru the today show. Winning...

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda app-developers app
This week's favor

tmanschuette
Old
Thanks Meter 168
My G2 will be here next Saturday at the latest .

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk

Bensky91
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Replaced my Rez with a Nexus 5 and switched to T-Mobile. No regrets so far, its an amazing phone with much better...everything. Especially battery life.

scy1192
Old
(Last edited by scy1192; 29th December 2013 at 11:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 172
TBH I want to go to a phablet next, but for smaller phones I think the Moto G or Moto X would be pretty good. They're extremely close in physical size if you compare the numbers.

Moto G:
h: 129.9mm
w: 65.9mm
d: 11.6mm
wt: 143g

Rezound:
h: 129mm
w: 65.5mm
d: 13.7mm
wt: 170.1g

sockaplaya14
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I went with the HTC One and I am loving it so far. But I'm very enticed by the Moto X as well. Those are the top two for me right now on the market for Verizon

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 432

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by scy1192 View Post
TBH I want to go to a phablet next, but for smaller phones I think the Moto G or Moto X would be pretty good. They're extremely close in physical size if you compare the numbers.

Moto G:
h: 129.9mm
w: 65.9mm
d: 11.6mm

Rezound:
h: 129mm
w: 65.5mm
d: 13.7mm
wt: 170.1g
Personally, I would go with the LG G2...

h: 138.5
w: 70.9
d: 8.9

It is a bit taller, slightly wider, and yet thinner and lighter with amazing battery life. Again the best bet it is to go to a store and play with the various models, that would always be your best bet.
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Beanstalk 4.4.4 with hells-Core Kernel)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Official Beanstalk)
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Other phones "in the family": HTC DNA, HTC One (M7), Motorola Moto G GPE
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Rezound, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
The Following User Says Thank You to acejavelin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

memckimmy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I tried out the Samsung GS4 for a while but found it just a bit too large. I ended up deciding that size and usability trumped the removable battery and SD card, so I bought a Moto X Dev Edition and have been really happy with it.