Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

Has anyone heard about unlimited going away?

23rd April 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28

121 posts
This is what i heard at a local store.

Verizon will be cancelling unlimited data for all whose contracts have expired so you have only a few months left. Their new plan is 6G shared, which we don't use each month except this one.

This is what i heard at my local store today do you think this is true? I've been hearing this for the last year it will be gone in a couple months but its still here. I don't believe it i think there just trying to move me off unlimited. Im thinking of trying the bb method with the sim.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
24th April 2014, 05:35 AM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 7,850

8,186 posts
Donate to Me
More
Moved to Q&A
24th April 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
The only way you'll lose your unlimited is if you upgrade your phone and renew your contract. Renewing for another 2 years allows you to get any phone at a discounted price. If you wanna keep your unlimited you'll have to start paying for new phones at full retail price. This won't renew your contract

Sent from my Xoom using xda app-developers app
25th April 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #4  
Flag North East, MD
Thanks Meter: 790

2,882 posts
Donate to Me
More
On the other hand, if you do give up your unlimited they are offering 6GB for $30 under the Max plan. I upgraded my wife to a new phone going this route because she doesn't use much data. I bought a new LG G2 for myself off Swappa to keep my unlimited.
29th April 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

121 posts
So I was able to keep my data and got an HTC m8 by using another line. They said there not sure how much longer unlimited will last but at least I got it

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
1st May 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 3

150 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmoox

So I was able to keep my data and got an HTC m8 by using another line. They said there not sure how much longer unlimited will last but at least I got it

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Can you explain that to me? I have two lines with unlimited and two lines with just a basic phone. All four lines are out of contract and can renew, but do not want to loose unlimited.
1st May 2014, 04:26 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

121 posts
The way it worked was I asked if I can keep my unlimited. Then they said yes we will use the other line.
1. first they use the upgrade on my line for the dumbphone expanding my contract for two years.
2. Add smartphone to dumbphone line which will add a data plan to that line(will be removed later).
3. Move the phone over to my number and move my info to a new SIM that will fit.
4. put dumbphone back on the dumbphones original line and remove the data plan.
5. Put SIM from your line in new phone and Walla you have kept your unlimited data.

Sent from my HTC one m8

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread